PDA

View Full Version : Dual Monitor Flickering

Delinx32
10-16-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm running myseq on dual monitors, and it causes the everquest window to flicker badly. Is this fixable by a setting or something, or do I just have to deal with it?

Seaxouri
10-17-2006, 01:21 PM
No idea, sorry.

Sounds like this might happen for other .NET as well. Might want to look at forums for your drivers and such, or EQ forums. Does it happen when EQ is in Windowed mode?

I doubt I will be able to help with that issue at all. It might be a side effect of MySEQ using .NET, but I don't think there is anything I can change in MySEQ to help.

MacQ
10-24-2006, 12:47 PM
I'm also running dual monitors but not having any problems. Sometimes I run EQ in full screen mode and sometimes in windowed mode.

I'm running an nVidia 7950GT based video card with the nVidia 91.47 standard release drivers. If it's relevant, I'm also running 2GB RAM and a 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.

I realize this is just a very general comment and not supported by any solid scientific information, but maybe its a video driver issue or your video card is "overworked". In any case, I wanted to share with you that there is at least someone running dual monitors (EQ on one monitor and MySEQ on the other) with no problem.

Seaxouri
10-25-2006, 06:08 AM
Thanks. That is very good to know. At the very least it gives those that have the problem hope that there is a fix.

Do you run dual LCD or CRT?

MacQ
10-26-2006, 02:18 PM
I'm running dual Prinston brand LCD model VL1916 monitors operating in native (1280 x 1024) mode. They are connected via DVI cables/connectors since my video card has dual DVI out.