PDA

View Full Version : ITEM DB development

beamfoam
10-25-2006, 06:12 AM
Moving this here instead of the 5.6.0.0 news thread as commanded :p

If anyone has info on how to detect what type of item packet on the new non-serialized format, it would be appreciated.

I know so far:
- Containers have 4 bytes smaller header than "normal" items.
- Evolvers have 21 bytes larger. (I assume this is exp info etc)

beamfoam
10-25-2006, 06:17 AM
I think i have found a way to separated these 3 types (normal, container, evolver)

The 2nd dword of the header seems to be 0x00000000 on containers and evolvers, action taken on these is: skip to next position in item struct

The byte before item_class seems to be 0x01 on the evolvers i check with, followed by lots of extra data before itemname comes, so i'll name this byte 'evolver' for now and use it to skip the 21 bytes. I'm assuming the extra evolver data is not included in the serialized item structs? or?

purple
10-25-2006, 09:19 AM
Correct. Tradionally the evolving item information was not included in the serialized item. If your goal is to just wire up the new packet to the old itemDB code, then you can safely ignore it.

If you're curious what the extra data is, I'd imagine it is what is needed to fill in the item info inside the evolving item tab in the inventory window. I always assumed this came down in a different opcode, but maybe not.