PDA

View Full Version : CVS Download of SEQ Problem

mudtoe
02-22-2002, 02:30 PM
Hi folks:

First of all, I'm not a Linux person, so please bear with me. I'm having trouble downloading the current version of SEQ. When I try to do the CVS -z3 thing I get a connection refused message. I've also seen another method of doing it where you do an EXPORT of the parameters you want to use and then just a CVS login command, and that gets refused as well. As far as I can tell I have everything spelled correctly. I'm using Red Hat 7.1 if that makes any difference. Internet connectivity is working as I can access web sites from that system.

Thanks,

SW

high_jeeves
02-22-2002, 04:42 PM
If the connection is refused that most likely either:

1) The server is down... wait a bit and try again later
2) You are not allowed to access the CVS port through your firewall. (port 2401)
3) You are running an HTTP proxy type scenario, so while it "looks" like you have internet access, you really only have HTTP acccess.

--Jeeves

mudtoe
02-22-2002, 04:53 PM
I downloaded a windows version of CVS and tried it from a windows machine (in case something screwy was setup on the Red Had machine regarding the IPCHAINs settings). I had the same problem. I am doing this from a home network and I do have a firewall. I tried opening port 2401 as an incoming port specifically mapped to the windows machine I was trying it with, and I still couldn't connect. Could it be that the connection limit is maxed out today because changes look like they were uploaded today? Can you try from your machine and see if you can get in?

Thanks,

SW

high_jeeves
02-22-2002, 05:07 PM
I just got in fine. Double check your typing. Try pinging the server (cvs.seq.sourceforge.net). I can both ping and connect to the CVS server running here.

--Jeeves

mudtoe
02-23-2002, 05:49 AM
Well, it must be something I typed. I selected the text directly from the web page and pasted it rather than typing it myself, and it worked, so it must have been a cockpit error on my part. Thanks much for the assistance.

SW