PDA

View Full Version : Feb 22 CVS update --> Lost grid ticks/grid lines

a_corpse00
02-22-2002, 08:02 PM
I did a CVS update today and fired up ShowEQ and the grid ticks and grid lines are gone.

Did I mess something up?

Process used:

cd ~/showeq
cvs -z3 update
. /opt/bin/useqt232
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure && make && make install

:confused: :confused:

Tyrvidarus
02-23-2002, 03:37 AM
Right click on your map. There should be options giving you the choice to display those.

a_corpse00
02-23-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Tyrvidarus
Right click on your map. There should be options giving you the choice to display those.

Yes, and they are selected.

Dedpoet
02-24-2002, 09:33 AM
The same thing happened to me. I just went into the options and changed the color on the grid lines and grid tics and they came back. Give that a shot. For some reason they must have been set to black, and I couldn't see them because I run the maps with black background.

-Dedpoet

gore
02-24-2002, 10:10 AM
I've actually seen this on older builds, but I've not noticed it happening with the current version (yet).

I could never figure out what was causing this to happen - but in every instance, restarting SEQ resolved the problem.

-gore

link129
02-24-2002, 07:11 PM
I see this when ever I shutdown my machine w/o quitting SEQ first. Fire up SEQ then go File > Quit. When you start SEQ again you should have grid lines. Works for me anyway :)

Tyrvidarus
03-11-2002, 02:46 AM
And Dedpoet had the answer. Seems that there is a line in the showeq.conf file that has the saved info for the grid tick color and grid line color. If left blank it defaults to black, which is also the default background color. Can be fixed by selecting colors again from the right click menu on the map (I have the standard yellow, Dark green) and then using File-->Quit (from the menu) to save it to your config file.

All is well again for when I need to give out locs of stuff to the SEQ challenged. :)

(I was giving right,left,straight directions for a bit....amazing that people who are smart enough to use a computer can't tell left from right...."YOUR OTHER LEFT DAMNIT! /gu INC TRAIN!" grrrr I shoulda been a monk. ;)