PDA

View Full Version : eqgame process access denied

lothos552
11-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Downloaded the server and client last night and got it all setup. However when I run the client I get:

========================
MySEQ Open v1.19.1
========================
This software is covered under the GNU Public License (GPL)

IniReader: Reading INI file ./myseqserver.ini with patch date of 10/25/2006
Spawn: Spawn Offsets read in.
NetworkServer: Port value and memory offsets read in.
NetworkServer: Listening on port 5555

NetworkServer: New connection from: 127.0.0.1
MemReader: Failed to locate process 'eqgame'
NetworkServer: Closing client socket
NetworkServer: Closing listener socket
IniReader: Reading INI file ./myseqserver.ini with patch date of 10/25/2006
Spawn: Spawn Offsets read in.
NetworkServer: Port value and memory offsets read in.
NetworkServer: Listening on port 5555

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I read thru the stuff on here to see if there was any info but didn't find any. I then ran the server in debug mode and got this when i ran an sp:

---------------------------------------------------------
> sp
Looking for process with name: eqgame
hProcessSnap is 0x000007E8
->Detected process with name: [System Process]
->Detected process with name: System
->Detected process with name: eqgame.exe
->Match found. Attempting to access process...
-->Access denied.
->Detected process with name: firefox.exe
->Detected process with name: myseq.exe
->Detected process with name: cmd.exe
->Detected process with name: myseqserver.exe
MemReader: Failed to locate process 'eqgame'
-----------------------------------------------------------

Figured it might be my antivirus or spysweeper so I turned both of those off and still got the same thing. eqgame.exe isn't marked as read only. Not sure where else to go from here.

Seaxouri
11-29-2006, 11:12 PM
You need to be admin on the computer for this to work. That is an operating system limitation.. not much I can do to circumvent that.

Rather, you need admin privileges... you don't need to be logged into the Admin account itself.

Windows XP basically has two levels of user: Admin and User. User is very restricted, while Admin is wide open. To peek into other processes, you need to have Admin level security clearance.

lothos552
11-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Think the issue may be that I have windows xp home edition. The account i'm using is marked as computer administrator (only account type besides limited in xp home). I don't think this is the same as the XP Pro version though because there is no security tab for files. Going to try installing myseq on my other machine which is XP pro and I would expect it to work fine.

Seaxouri
11-30-2006, 11:59 PM
Many folks, including myself, use XP Home with no issues. Try right clicking on the eqgame.exe and seeing what the security permissions are set to. I have Full Control checked on mine, as well as all the others, except for Special Permissions.

Someone else had this problem a long time ago, and iirc, they only had it on noe of their systems. The other system it worked fine. They never did figure it out, or if they did, they never told us what the fix was.

Also, try running 'control userpasswords2' to pull up the old style usergroup control panel.

Here is old thread.
http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5490

Hi again,

Just to let you know I got this working by switching the PCs running the client and server. Both have XP Home, so I still don't know what the problem is *shrug*.

The Owner account on the first PC does have "administrator" (in fact it is impossible to remove those privileges in the user maintenance screen).

Probably just something strange with the XP and/or .NET set up on the first PC.

I have 5 PCs on a LAN, all running XP Home, and have used MySEQ, both old and new versions, in the past, so the problem isn't a general one.

Anyway, thanks for your replies guys.