PDA

View Full Version : Returning to SEQ

Troy
03-20-2007, 04:23 AM
Howdy guys, i used to use seq WAY back when (3-4 years ago) but i believe it was the rexpage version. Dont hate me i wasnt even aware there was another version =( Anyway after some reading i decided that rexpage and mrdoh suck ass but anyway...

Id like to get it working again so downloaded from sourceforge. I got (what i believe to be) the windows version. Then i read that seq only runs on linux now so im kinda confused. I got it to load up the ui and the server said listening on port 5555 etc, and updated with a few things but said spawnlist -1 or something, and it wont do anything else.

Also it wouldnt load maps, popped up a window that says failed to load map directory seq/maps/something??????????????????.txt, or something like that.

I got the seq version of maps i think and tried to directly open one for the zone i was in but that didnt work either. Anyway the long and short of it is i got so frustrated i just deleted it all and said the hell with it. Problem is im really looking forward to useing the program again but i cant run linux on either of the machines here.

Could anyone please give me a quick rundown of what i have to do to get seq running on a windows machine? I remember it used to work excelent with windows back when i used it. Also this time i didnt get a installer apparently as i did before. Im fairly computer literate so most things i can do on my own, but this is confusing the hell out of me please help !

Thanks in advance if any response )

purple
03-20-2007, 07:33 AM
You want MySEQ, not ShowEQ. ShowEQ is a network sniffer for linux (and really any other OS that can support the dependencies). MySEQ is for Windows and reads client memory.

The MySEQ forums are here too, just slightly down the page.

Troy
03-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Ok my bad thanks )

Troy
03-20-2007, 06:35 PM
All good now just having map issues but i think i can resolve that)