PDA

View Full Version : It's Official, and a major thanks thread from me.

dphantom
07-09-2007, 05:29 PM
This is a thank you post for all the developers, large and small, that made SEQ what it is and was. I've played EQ since 1999, and today I cancelled my account. SEQ made my EQ existence a better one, and for that I thank all who had a part in the code. I am not going to name names in this thank you, but truly everyone that ever put a piece of code in a fix, I thank you. You know who you are. Major thanks go out to those who took it upon themselves to carry the torch when others had lost interest in the game.

I know SEQ will live again thanks to the current developers, but for me, EQ is dead.

I bid you all farewell, thank you, good wishes, and good night.

BlueAdept
07-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Good luck with things.

Not many 99ers left. I am one of them, but I have decided that this WILL be my last year also.

If it wasn't for ShowEQ, I know I would have left the game many years ago.

uRit1u2CBBA=
07-10-2007, 08:31 AM
Yeah, I'm in '01er, and likely would have stopped playing a while back without SEQ. :)

trustno1
07-11-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm also from '99 and I know I would have stopped playing LONG ago without SEQ. So yes, a huge THANK YOU goes out to the devs. I find myself using MYSEQ right now. Yes, the server does run on the same machine as EQ, but right now, if they ran some kind of detection and banned everybody using MYSEQ, I wouldn't cry. I still LOVE EQ, but without SEQ to enhance it, it's just like being blind. At least MYSEQ gives me some sight back until SEQ can come back.....someday.

twizzlerz
07-12-2007, 10:17 AM
My wife and I've been playing since beta/99 and we'll keep on playing w/o SEQ. It's already missed A LOT but we learned to play EQ back in the day without it... so we'll play EQ when (if) it's gone.

I can't imagine quitting because I couldn't cheat and see what's around the corner. Eye of Zomm it. Can't see a groundspawn? I've hunted for them before, and have been since it broke. Timers... SOE added them. Knowing if a spawn is up... track it or run a FD or DA class to check and coth em back.

If they revamped the opcodes to stop MQ, it didn't work. All they did was break the best EQ tool ever made - and the safest. It WILL be missed if it can't be fixed. But for those that stay in EQ, it'll make it interesting for sure.

BlueAdept
07-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Honestly I rarely ever use it for anything but finding my group/raid, making sure I dont run blindly into somthing that will use me for a tooth pick (I play a squishy class), and for finding npcs for quests.

I did all those alert files, but my class is so squishy that I rarely ever used them because even if a rare was up, I was pretty sure I couldn't kill it unless it was 20 levels below me (and might still have problems).

I remember when I was level 32, in CT (before the revamp) I died 38 times before I hit level 33. Back then, there was really no rezes, you ate the losses. I started running SEQ shortly after that. I was relieved that I chose SEQ because WinSEQ had all those bannings a little while after.

I mainly would have quit because I always got lost. I could not imagine playing EQ without in game maps. The paper ones from eqatlas were very nice, but sucked trying to find where you were...even with /loc.

Cryonic
07-13-2007, 08:05 AM
If they revamped the opcodes to stop MQ, it didn't work. All they did was break the best EQ tool ever made - and the safest. It WILL be missed if it can't be fixed. But for those that stay in EQ, it'll make it interesting for sure.

Revamping the opcodes won't affect MQ because it is a memory sniffer, not a network packet sniffer. They were breaking the ability of people to inject packets into the stream to give characters abilities they shouldn't have (e.g. a backstabbing monk).

dudex
07-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah, people always leave in the summer. But this year, will they come back in the fall?

DUN DUN DUN.....

Nstalkerga
07-15-2007, 03:02 PM
originally 99er here as well... i quit last year and tried to come back in jan ... last 30 days .... and quit again .. for good this time.

And i would have to agree ... without SEQ i wouldnt have been around about 2 years before that