PDA

View Full Version : Hub recommendations

doox00
11-01-2007, 06:56 PM
anyone have any hub recommendations, brands/models? I don't want to end up purchasing a switch even though the auction actually listed it as a hub.

thanks

Cossack
11-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Got my netgear DS104 from compusa.

uRit1u2CBBA=
11-05-2007, 10:41 PM
I have Encore ENH708-TX. It's an 8-port 10/100 hub. My first one broke, and replced it with another model of the same from buying it on eBay since most out there now are switches, even tho they're advertised as hubs.

doox00
11-05-2007, 10:45 PM
I purchased a ds104 from ebay, should be getting it soon, thanks all.

brainiac
11-08-2007, 04:49 PM
I used to arp spoof my school's router before I got a hub. :rolleyes:

Fatal
11-14-2007, 12:04 PM
I use the DS104 also. When my last one went bad I bought 3 on ebay. 5 bucks is what I paid for them on average.

Could_Be_Anyone
11-15-2007, 07:41 AM
I don't have time to search for it now, there is a thread around here on how to fake it if you can't get the proper type of hub. Basically, you set your linux box to be the default gateway on your windows box..

Backspace
11-15-2007, 08:13 AM
I don't have time to search for it now, there is a thread around here on how to fake it if you can't get the proper type of hub. Basically, you set your linux box to be the default gateway on your windows box..Could_Be_Anyone is correct. If you configure your linux system as a gateway, then you can point your Windows system through the linux box and it'll sniff the everquest stream.
Here's what I've used for myself:

iptables --table nat --append POSTROUTING --out-interface eth0 -j MASQUERADE
iptables --append FORWARD --in-interface eth0 -j ACCEPT
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

Assuming you don't have any other iptable rules running, you can input each line from terminal and it should work. If you want to start automatically, then you can insert into a start up script. I use Mandriva, so I have it in /etc/rc.d/rc.local. Of course your distro may be different, but you get the idea.

Hope this helps

doox00
11-15-2007, 09:38 AM
I don't have time to search for it now, there is a thread around here on how to fake it if you can't get the proper type of hub. Basically, you set your linux box to be the default gateway on your windows box..
That is how I used to have it setup, but I decided I rather just have a hub. The ds104 works great too.