PDA

View Full Version : Just updated - "Session management error: Authentication Rejected..."

sequser
02-25-2002, 05:45 PM
Hi all.

I just updated sources (about 2 weeks since last update, but I had the door fix manually installed).

When I launch I Get the following error:
"Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason: None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host -based authentication failed"

Note, now that I think about it, I might have been getting this error before.

The following two lines are:
Loading filters from '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters.conf'
Segmentation fault

This is without EQ even running on my windows box.

Any thoughts?

sequser
02-25-2002, 06:03 PM
In case you didnt figure it out, the seg fault is solved by 'make clean', doh! guess I should get in the habit of doing that every time.

I am still curious about the authentication error. What does it mean? should I care?

KSti
03-03-2002, 05:37 PM
"Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason: None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host -based authentication failed"

Yeah, I get that too, every single time I run SEQ, from the day I first installed it.

No clue what it means. It doesnt seem to affect anything -- everything works fine.

Weird.

Cryonic
03-03-2002, 07:06 PM
I don't know the solution, but it is something with QT, not SEQ. The same error appears for some users of SINS.