PDA

View Full Version : crash info

Nstalkerga
01-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Ok me and wife both play and have SEQ running off the same compile (same physical box) with 2 instances of SEQ running.

Ive noticed that she has yet to crash and been running with zero problems.
Diffrent story for me :)

i keep getting events before it crashes like this

Warning: SEQ: Giving up on finding arq 00ab in stream client-zone cache, skippin
g!
Warning: !!!! EQPacketFragmentSequence::addFragment(): buffer overflow adding in
new fragment to buffer with seq 00f8 on stream 2, opcode 14d3. Buffer is size 4
114 and has been filled up to 3859, but tried to add 505 more!

Going to be turning on logging and see what i can catch there as well.
Ill get that posted soon as i get some good data.

Ive tinkered around trying to see what all i can find .. any chance a setting i've changed in the client could cause something similar to this?
or possible something on the toon?

BlueAdept
01-29-2008, 03:51 PM
This was just answered the other day. Here is the repost.

Look at the FAQ in your tarball or check out http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5333 which is just a cut and paste of it so that people find it when they search here. It will help you set your kernel parameters to help with packetloss problems.

This has nothing to do with a specific version of seq and everything to do with how promiscious sniffing works on Linux and what you are using your Linux machine for. You should be able to adjust kernel parameters to get everything working fine, though probably at the cost of more memory used to support your network stack.