PDA

View Full Version : New Offsets

01-31-2008, 02:02 AM
I was looking at the spawn structure and I found a few offsets that might make for some cool new features in the future.

Pet Owner
Current Offset: 0x458
Size: dword
Contains the spawn ID of the owner of this spawn, or 0 if it is not a pet. Works with pets and familiars. Not sure if it works with swarm pets. Does not work with mounts.

Guild Name Strings
Current Offset: 0x92953c
Size: 64 bytes per guild name
Contains an array of guild names. I think that there is always a null 64 byte string after the last guild name. I think that all the guilds on the server are added when you log into a server, or maybe just all the guilds with at least one member online. The list must be dynamic though if someone creates or destroys a guild while the server is running.

Guild Name
Current Offset: 0x194
Contains the index of the guild name in the guild name strings array that corresponds to the spawn's guild, or 0xffffffff if not in a guild.

Guild Rank
Current Offset: 0x1e8
Size: byte
0=Member or not a member of a guild.
1=Officer
2=Leader

Anonymous/Role Playing
Current Offset: 0x284
Size: byte
If bit 1 is set: Anonymous
If bit 2 is set: Role Playing

Primary Slot
Current Offset: 0xf1c
Contains the number that corresponds to the primary slot item graphic, or 0 if nothing is equipped.

Secondary Slot
Current Offset: 0xf28
Contains the number that corresponds to the secondary slot item graphic, or 0 if nothing is equipped.

Things that I couldn't find in memory:

See Invis Flag
Raid Mob Flag
Faction
Guild Alt

Things that would be cool to find and I'll probably search for in the future:

Guild Banker
Invis Version 2
Dead but still in corpse hover.
GM Flag
Mobs that probably aren't where it says they are.

purple
02-01-2008, 07:38 AM
Not to be a downer, but a lot of the stuff you can't find is server side.

The client doesn't know a mob can see invis. The reaction on server just tells the client what to draw using spawn position, appearance, and animation packets.

Faction is server side as well. The server just tells the client "Show a message that says Your faction standing with Moss Snakes has gone down" or what not.

The raid mob flag I would bet is the same. Conning something is server side and the rest timer is server side. The client side just gets told what the timer is and keeps track of it to show you, but the server holds the gospel version.

Guild Alt flag comes across only for your guild during zoning where it fills in the guild window. Same with banker.

Dead but still in corpse hover is a death packet with no remove spawn packet so the client keeps the mob around dead. /who is server side now (or it was when I last played) so all that information comes across when you /who.

GM Flag is in spawn struct so you can find that. You can take a look at spawnStruct for ShowEQ to get an idea of what all comes across the wire per mob when it spawns or when you zone.

I don't know what you mean by "mobs that probably aren't where it says they are".

If you ever really want to get involved in adding cool features to any memory reading program, you could do worse than to take a peek at Macroquest. Their memory and your memory are the same. You don't have to run it if that bothers you. Just look at the code. They are GPL. You're GPL. It should be kosher. If you find it really useful, donate to their devs a bit because Macroquest is a very nice program and it takes a lot of work to keep it as functional as they do.