PDA

View Full Version : Question about Depth Filter

o___o
02-11-2008, 12:53 AM
My Depth Filter works, but I can't seem to access the sliders that pop up on my map when I select the Depth Filter Option. I am clicking right thru the sliders to the map below. Some trick to it?

Seaxouri
02-11-2008, 05:45 PM
The Depth Filter sliders are unlocked in No-Follow mode only, as indicated in the ReadMe. When in a follow mode, the sliders lock onto what is being followed, so they are not changable via the gui.

You can click on the box in the status bar to change Follow Mode.

o___o
02-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Gotcha, that was the key. I love the Depth Filter btw. Now to locate that Read me...

Seaxouri
02-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Here is the chunk form the Readme (named Overhaul-v122)

- If Depth Filter is enabled (F3), you will see a new control appear under the Connect button. It contains
two Trackbars (sliders) and a lock button. The left slider controls the floor clipping. The right one
controls the ceiling clipping. By adjusting them, you can control what part of the map is displayed. This
includes map lines and skittles (ground items may not be filtered yet). If you click the center lock button,
you will see a small two sided arrow appear, indicating the sliders are now linked. Moving one will also
move the other. This allows you to set your 'slice' in the zone and then scan up and down, like getting an
MRI. The controls are only enabled when Follow Mode is set to 'Follow None'. If you are in any other Follow
Mode, the sliders are visible, but disabled. They will track to the followed target. Note that some zones
are considered 'thin' zones, like the Guild Lobby. In this zone there are not enough Z values to consider
allowing Depth Filtering. If you enable Depth Filtering in a zone and it appears that the sliders are not
changing anything, you are probably in a thin zone.