PDA

View Full Version : Tower Map Workarounds

Seaxouri
03-23-2008, 11:39 AM
I have noticed that some maps, especially from SoF, are not completed yet. As you near the top of the tower, your z axis value is around 450-500, however the largest map z value is around 370 or so. What happens is that if you enable the Depth Filter, the logic in the code will put a maximum clipping of the floor and ceiling based on the smallest and largest z axis values of the map, and then I throw in an additional 10% or so to account for you being on the top floor (ie: if the top floor is at 400 and you walk on it, you are at 400, but if you lev or jump a little, you may be at 410, so you clip off the screen... by adding another 10%, the max is 440, so the tool accounts for those occasions).

A problem arises if the map is not complete, and the 10% boost is not enough. What you will see is all other mobs/players clip out if they exceed the ceiling of the zone (as defined by the map files).

To quickly fix this, simply open the _2.txt version of the map and copy any point already listed. Change the third numeric value to the new 'ceiling' or 'floor' value you wish. In my example above, I would make it 500, this allows for my 450 value plus another 50 for jump/lev room. Save the file and reload the map.

Now when you get to the top floor, the ceiling clip will be 550, not 440, and all the spawns up there with you will appear. Of course there will not be any map lines up there until someone adds them.