PDA

View Full Version : MySEQ 4/17/2008 Offsets

04-17-2008, 02:05 PM
There have been changes to the way spawns are sent to the client. You will only be able to see the spawns in your area.

[File Info]
PatchDate=4/17/2008

[Port]
port=5555

[Memory Offsets]
ZoneAddr=0x949384
SpawnHeaderAddr=0x92b13c
CharInfo=0x92b13c
TargetAddr=0x784bfc
ItemsAddr=0x92b10c

[SpawnInfo Offsets]
NextOffset=0x4
PrevOffset=0x8
LastnameOffset=0x38
XOffset=0x64
YOffset=0x68
ZOffset=0x6c
SpeedOffset=0x7c
HeadingOffset=0x80
NameOffset=0xA4
TypeOffset=0x125
SpawnIDOffset=0x148
LevelOffset=0x2d8
RaceOffset=0xe44
ClassOffset=0xe48
HideOffset=0x178

[GroundItem Offsets]
PrevOffset=0x00
NextOffset=0x04
IdOffset=0x08
DropIdOffset=0x0c
XOffset=0x34
YOffset=0x30
ZOffset=0x2c
NameOffset=0x38

brianp
04-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Thanks. Irritating that they change this after 9 years though.

rogues
04-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Yes, but there's much less memory usage and bandwidth usage now! Look at all the memory freed up on my comp! Loading times are so much faster now!

Oh wait, nevermind, none of that happened.

brianp
04-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Worst part about this change is the dinky short range where you can see npcs. In a lot of zones (dreadlands REALLY stands out), they appear/disappear about 35 or 40% of the distance you can see.

brianp
04-18-2008, 12:15 AM
Hmm. Earlier tonight I was deleveling a character so he could gain AA a little faster, and I looked over and SEQ had the entire zone up (and updating). They might have turned off the dynamic npc loading on the server end or something, or maybe it was some bug involved in the of the 60% and 75% rezzes I had just taken. A few hours later I still had the entire zone up and other players, corpses, and respawns were showing up (though they updated awefully slow even compared to how it was pre-patch). Just thought I'd mention that in case it means anything.

EDIT: I have tried reproducing it with no luck (though I went linkdead immediately after the second rez)

Resiliant
04-18-2008, 07:44 AM
You kmow, I've been thinking about this, and I'm not convinced the new client data model is, in fact, better. From the point of view of network traffic and that of Server load, having to effectively despawn and spawn full mob definitions as a player moves through a zone as opposed to only updating the locations of previously defined objects within visible range makes the tacit assumption that more players are stationary than are moving. The data load required to completely define a mob is an order of magnitude greater than that required to update its x,y,z location.

If you're at a stationary camp, mostly sitting and exping, then it is clearly better in terms of data load, but if you're kiting, or running, or in a dungeon clearing, the server is going to constantly have to upload full mob data for every player. Imagine what it is going to be like for a raid in, say CoA, clearing to Ture. No. I'm not at all convinced that Sony made the right decision here... they may very well revert this once they discover it's cumulative effect on real servers.

However, if this remains, I will be terminating my two accounts. It *has* been a good 9 years, but this is the last and final nerf I'm going to suffer. No SEQ = no EQ for me.

Res

badger
04-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Worst part about this change is the dinky short range where you can see npcs. In a lot of zones (dreadlands REALLY stands out), they appear/disappear about 35 or 40% of the distance you can see.

Does this effect ranger tracking as well? If not there might be a work around.

04-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Does this effect ranger tracking as well? If not there might be a work around.

This only affects tracking as far as the tracking list now includes NPC names, where before it only included mob IDs. I looked at the tracking list structure. It lists mob level and distance and a couple other things I assume are for other sorting options. It does not however give you the spawn location, and of course you must hit track in order for this information to be sent to your client. Tracking might not be the way to go, but I do have a couple ideas on possible workarounds or at least ideas to make MySEQ a little more useful than it stands now.

A number of people have asked about offsets. I have no plans to stop posting offsets in the foreseeable future.

Oggre
04-19-2008, 11:02 PM
A number of people have asked about offsets. I have no plans to stop posting offsets in the foreseeable future.

6, thou art a man amongst men (or woman amongst women, human amongst humans, etc if I got race/gender wrong).

I guess the full magnitude of the change hasn't yet hit me; I"m still hoping this project will continue. I likely won't be able to separate it from the EQ game.

O

brianp
04-24-2008, 03:12 PM
I can confirm that as of todays patch they have increased the update radius such that I can at least see all of PoK at once. I expect from official forum posts that we should be able to see all of any zone, until they finish debugging the system and cut us down to 600-650 again.

o___o
05-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Are these the current offsets?

Hidron
05-18-2008, 02:37 PM
They work fine although there is a patch scheduled for Thursday which may change them.