messagewindow.h:183: error: multiple parameters named ‘filter’
In file included from interface.cpp:51:
messagefilterdialog.h:49: error: multiple parameters named ‘filter’
make[2]: *** [interface.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/downloads/showeq-5.12.4.1/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/downloads/showeq-5.12.4.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I saw the post with the download of new mapicons, but I'm not sure if thats even needed.

ieatacid
06-11-2008, 06:17 PM
I'm not sure why you'd get those errors, but it compiles fine for me and seems to be working for others as well.

uRit1u2CBBA=
06-11-2008, 06:57 PM
the strange part is that the files that are failing weren't updated between 5.12.4.0 and 5.12.4.1.

seqfan
06-11-2008, 07:23 PM
guess I'll just blow it out and try from scratch :)

seqfan
06-12-2008, 10:58 PM
OK, I got it working. I tried making sure I had all the compat-gcc stuff and I already had.

What finally got it to work was looking at the errors and changing parameter names in the associated .h files.

where it said multiple size, I changed the second size to size2.

the same with the rest of the files listed above.

It seems to be working, I'm seeing skittles and stuff.

Waylander
07-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Hi Seqfan,

I am getting the same errors. Would you mind posting a more specific fix? I'm not sure how to get passed the "multiple parameters named ‘filter’" errors.

Many thanks!

seqfan
07-23-2008, 05:29 PM
You need to open that file in a text editor, go to the line number, and change the name of the "second" instance of that parameter. You have to do that for each error that you see listed.

For instance, go to the mapicon.h file, go to line number 213, look for the second word size and change it to size2.

Ignore interface.cpp, as it only references the name of the files (they're called includes) that you actually need to change. If you're curious, open up interface.cpp in a text editor and go to those line numbers and you'll see what I mean.

koolatron
11-12-2008, 02:53 PM
As best as I can tell, this problem is related to gcc 4.3. showeq compiles fine under 4.2, but throws exactly the errors you mentioned in 4.3.

Unfortunately, this is also the difference between Ubuntu 8.10 and Ubuntu 8.04, which I know many people will be using. I can submit a patch once I get around to fixing it, but ieatacid will probably beat me. In the meantime, just install gcc-4.2 and make sure that make is calling the correct executable.

also: simply changing the function prototypes as you mentioned ('filter' to 'filter2' in the offending headers) results in buffer overflows for me.

uRit1u2CBBA=
11-12-2008, 04:50 PM
wow. I'm still using gcc 4.1.2 :) guess gentoo isn't as current as I thought they were. :)

tanner
11-13-2008, 11:09 AM
It's a gcc version issue. I have patches for it in launchpad.

Poke around at
Launchpad Changelog (http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~showeq-team/showeq/cmake/changes)

uRit1u2CBBA=
01-24-2009, 11:45 PM
It's a gcc version issue. I have patches for it in launchpad.

Poke around at
Launchpad Changelog (http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~showeq-team/showeq/cmake/changes)

Did these updates make it into 5.13?

I've got ubuntu running in a vm until I can get my new hardware delivered, using the new 5.13.0.0 source, and got the same errors that appeared in the top of the thread.

I edited a few of the header files as shown in your link above.

Thanks.