PDA

View Full Version : decryption disabled, but I have libEQ.a!

tigerknight
02-27-2002, 06:41 AM
I just did a cvs checkout, made sure I had libeq.a (had it in /usr/lib and linked it over to /usr/local/lib as well), and after a configure, make, and make install - it tells me this:

I've checked the conf file, I can't find where it's supposedly disabled :/ what am I missing?

Disabling decoder due to showeq.conf preferences
***DECRYPTION DISABLED***

Decoder has been manually disabled by either -b, the BrokenDecode option,
or a missing libEQ.a library.

(There should be a more detailed message above)
Xlib: extension "RENDER" missing on display "192.168.1.17:0.0".
Loading filters from '/home/tib/filter.conf'
Opening packet capture on device eth0, IP host 192.168.1.4
SpawnList Categories Reloaded
Your player's id is 2476

Mel
02-27-2002, 08:03 AM
I am having the exact problem. Same message with the exception of "Xlib: extension "RENDER" missing on display."

I worked on this for hours last night and no luck. I even deleted my seq directory and did a complete new download. I am 100% certain that I have the correct libEQ.a and that it is in the correct location, but I can't get it working. Worked 100% fine until I did the CVS update.

I posted something in another thread yesterday asking if other people weren't decoding. Got home and recompiled, recompiled after a fresh boot, re-updated via the CVS, then deleted everything and started from scratch. Still same message everytime.

tigerknight
02-27-2002, 08:18 AM
Exactly! I was originally getting warning messages (a thread about 4 above this one) constantly - about 9/10 of the output from showeq were these messages. Someone recommended I try the latest cvs, even though that one was only about a week old. So I did - and now I have a dead seq for the most part because decryption WILL NOT work. If you hear anything please let me know, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Joshi
02-27-2002, 09:08 AM
Try look at this and see if any of it helps

seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=524

high_jeeves
02-27-2002, 09:17 AM
This thread looks kinda old, but are you sure you have ShowEQ 4 and not ShowEQ 3.1.2? Make sure you are checking out the showeq module and not the linux module.

--Jeeves

Mel
02-27-2002, 09:21 AM
Thank you. I think that will solve my problem. I am pretty sure I did the linux module.

tigerknight
02-27-2002, 03:27 PM
ahh, that explains a lot. Yes, I am using seq 3.1.2 from the linux module rather than the showeq module (which I didn't know was there - been doing showeq for a while and always did a linux checkout. Thanks!)

SomeNecro
03-05-2002, 01:44 AM
I am a new user and downloaded the linux module at first. I am having the same problem regarding libEQ.a not being found. I tried changing the module name from linux to showeq but I get the error:

cvs server: cannot find module 'showeq' - ignored

I'm a relative noob to cvs so maybe I'm doing something dumb. I know I have a properly checksummed libEQ.a in /usr/lib AND /usr/local/lib just to be sure...

Any help would be appreciated!

high_jeeves
03-05-2002, 09:11 AM
Why dont you tell us what command you are typing instead of just the result? I cant tell you what you are typing wrong if you dont tell me what you are typing in the first place.

--Jeeves

ratoan
07-28-2003, 11:01 PM
Anybody have any other ideas to Try? I renamed my libEQ.a file, everything compiled on RedHat 9.0 with no serious errrors.

I start up and get the message about

*** DECRYPTION DISABLED ****

showeq comes up but with no data.

I can tcpdump and see machine on network. Each of the 2 machines can ping each other just fine.

I searched around and saw things to try about pinging machines, and having Version 4 of Showeq and not needing to download libEQ.a anymore (just renaming it).

can someone suggest something else I focus on?

Cryonic
07-28-2003, 11:43 PM
Yes, READ THE ANNOUNCEMENTS FORUM

Also, RTF FAQ

who_me_use_seq
07-29-2003, 08:35 AM
To his credit he had to use the search button or he would not have found this old thread.

Keep searching buck. You will find it.