PDA

View Full Version : Downloading SEQ

rad100
10-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Hi. I donated $50 for SEQ last summer and someone e-mailed me the info to download it. I deleted my account and everything related to EQ since then and lost it, but now I'm back. Do I have to donate again to get it? And if I do, where can I find the info to do that?

Thanks!

purple
10-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Donated how? You're probably thinking of the thieves that stole the opensource version MySEQ and started charging for it even though they sucked at maintaining it. Honest mistake. You probably didn't know any better. Now you do.

You never have to donate to get showeq or MySEQ. These are programs covered under the GPL and are freely available.

More than likely you're looking for MySEQ which is a windows program. Their forums are here shared on the ShowEQ forums. Go post down there:
http://www.showeq.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62

rad100
10-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Ah okay, thanks. I posted over there :)

BlueAdept
10-20-2008, 08:52 AM
Donated how? You're probably thinking of the thieves that stole the opensource version MySEQ and started charging for it even though they sucked at maintaining it. Honest mistake. You probably didn't know any better. Now you do.

You never have to donate to get showeq or MySEQ. These are programs covered under the GPL and are freely available.

More than likely you're looking for MySEQ which is a windows program. Their forums are here shared on the ShowEQ forums. Go post down there:
http://www.showeq.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62

Just to clarify, www.myseq.xxx are the ones who charge for their program which is an offshoot of the FREE GPLed version on these forums. Since the original version was and is GPL (it has to be to be hosted on SourceForge) what they did by closing the source and not providing the source, is illegal. (They also stole the freebsd daemon for their logo).

Just to clarify again, the program here and the program there, are based off of the same original code. They charge for theirs, we do not.

On these forums, you will find 2 different programs. Both do essentially the same thing. One runs under Linux and is completely passive, the other runs under a windows enviroment and reads the key from memory. The linux one is called ShowEQ, the windows one is called MySeq.