PDA

View Full Version : Filters.conf problem with more than one mob?

Falken4
02-27-2002, 09:29 AM
filters.conf will work with one mob, if i have:

[Hunt]
Name:(.+)somepartialname(.+)

that's a regular expression, and it works on partial name matches just fine. flashing circle appears, etc. now, if i try to add one to that like:

[Hunt]
Name:(.+)somepartialname(.+)
Name:(.+)anotherpartialname(.+)

the second one will never work, only the first no matter what. i'm obviously doing something wrong but can find little documentation on the filters.conf files. what's the problem with taht second example?

make sure you disable smiles in your reply or it butchers the code

Mr Guy
02-27-2002, 09:40 AM
Several kneejerk thoughts,

1) Have you tried switching the entries, to make sure it isn't just a bad match on the second?

2) You are using a "real" text editor right (vi, textedit, even {gag} emacs), not a DOS based editor and pushing the file over? I'm not sure how SEQ would handle DOS returns.

3) If you are editing the file while you are in a zone, you are reloading the filters manually, or rezoning before you expect it to work, right?

Falken4
02-27-2002, 10:11 AM
not sure if i've switched them around but I'm sure the second one in the list was a match in the zone.

I mostly use the built-in filter edit function of the app for speed's sake, seems to work fine (with one mob anyway). I could use vi instead but if the seq editor works with one i don't think that's an issue.

And yes, I always reload the filter after editing.

high_jeeves
02-27-2002, 11:01 AM
I could be way off here, regular expressions arent really my strong area. But doesnt (.+) mean match ONE or more of any character? Is it possible that your partial name (the one that doesnt match) is either the beginning or end of the name (so there wont be ONE or more characters before or after it)? If this is the case, the traditional notation for zero or more characters is .*, but not sure if that matches up with the unix regex syntax.

--Jeeves

Mr Guy
02-27-2002, 11:29 AM
Ah that's a good catch too Jeeves

Falken4
02-27-2002, 12:39 PM
ya you might be right, i'll try .* when i get home, but if anyone has a filter file working with 2+ names and they are SURE it works go ahead and post an example here :)

RavenCT
02-27-2002, 12:41 PM
I know that with my filter file at home I have it listed something like this for a spawn...

Name:grimling runner, a

So it matches what I see in the windows with all the spawns in the zones list

high_jeeves
02-27-2002, 03:55 PM
Yes Raven, that will work, but if you wanted all grimlings for example, I think "Name:(.+)grimling(.+)" would not work, but "Name:(.*)grimling(.*)" would (before there are no characters before grimling).

--Jeeves