PDA

View Full Version : Requesting Packet Collects or Logs from the Secrets of Faydwer Release

trevius
12-14-2008, 04:11 AM
Hello, I am sorry if this post is a little out of place. I am one of the moderators and developers for www.eqemulator.net and have recently decided to start working to get the emulator updated from our old Titanium version to allow it to work with Secrets of Faydwer as well. I am here to ask for help with doing this if anyone has the info I need to progress further in the project.

Basically, what I am looking for is any logs or packet collects that might show structures or opcodes from between 11/13/07 to 11/20/07. Those are the ideal collects I would like, but even anything up to the beginning of 2008 could be useful. Please PM me here or on the emulator forums, or even on my own website (http://stormhavenserver.com) if you have the logs I need or think you might have anything that could be of use to me for this project.

I know this post isn't directly related to SEQ, but I am an old school SEQ user back from the hackersquest days, and both of our projects came from the same place. Since they are both from the same origins, the source code is very similar. Some parts of the structure files are exact copies of one another.

If someone does share info with me, and I am able to get the SoF client working with the emulator, I will certainly be willing to share anything I find with the community here as well. This may or may not be useful to you guys, but I figure clearing up some unknowns in the packet structs can't be a bad thing for either project :) If the emulator ever decided to try to chase live again as it did in the past, it would be beneficial to both SEQ and EQEmu to work together to discover new Structs and Opcodes as they get changed by patches. I don't think we have any plans to chase live anytime soon, but there is definitely potential for both projects to make use of one another's resources. There really isn't much need for the same thing to have to be done twice.

Please let me know if you have any info you think that might be useful for me. I have already scoured through the SEQ source from the time of the SoF release and have gotten alot of needed info, but there are still things that are missing and need to be filled in for it to work with the emulator. I would very much appreciate any help that anyone here can provide and I am sure the entire EQEmu project would be happy to see the SoF expansion working :D

Thanks in advance,
Trevius

trevius
01-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Ok, after repeated failed attempt, I am making a final request for the logs that I need. As an incentive, I am offering 20$ via paypal or google checkout to the first person to get me the correct log files I need. I imagine that the chance that someone still has the logs I need is pretty low, so it is unlikely that I will get any replies to this request. But, I have to take the chance, because it would save me countless hours of work and could mean the difference between success and total failure in the work I am doing on the EQ Emulator.

The log dates I mentioned in the previous post are not the correct dates I need. After some research, I found that I would need logs from between Sep 7th 2007 to Nov 12th 2007. Any times in between those dates should be the correct ones I need. Preferably, the closest to Sep 7th 2007 is the best and most likely to be exactly what I need. The most important thing I need is logs of Logging in from character select, or even just zoning from 1 zone to another. Once I can confirm that the logs are useful, I will send the money.

I don't think that SEQ was working on Sep 7th 2007 from what I have read. So, it looks like it didn't get working again until around 10/20/07. Even logs around that time should be very helpful to me. I know it is a longshot, but maybe someone out there has the log I need and will be more likely to send them with a 20$ payment :)

I wish I didn't have to make this request at all, but SEQ is the only project that might have exactly what I need. I have gotten some good info from SEQ running it against current EQLive, but to get accurate info, I would need the old log files for the client I am trying to get working.

Thanks for reading :)

ieatacid
01-14-2009, 03:08 PM
I used to keep some in my gmail accounts, but I cleaned them out a few months ago :o

What's keeping it from working, specifically?

trevius
01-14-2009, 06:01 PM
It is currently failing at the point of loading world objects according the the EQ Debug file. I have a detailed log of what I have done so far on it here:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?p=162861#post162861

There is a lot of info to read through in that post, but to sum it up, I am not exactly sure what is causing it to fail at this point. I have to assume that either I am not sending a packet that I need to be sending, or that one of the structures I am using is wrong. I have verified most of the opcodes I need and I think the required ones should be correct. I still don't have all of them, but I have most, and there should be enough to log in. To compare, I tried removing the ones I don't have from my Titanium EQEmu opcode list, and it still worked to log in just fine. I also tried changing around the player profile and spawn struct for Titanium and was still able to log in ok, even though certain stats didn't line up properly (obviously). So, it doesn't really make sense why I am failing to get into SoF. If I only had a log of someone zoning or logging in, I should almost definitely be able to get past the current holdup I am having. I have been stuck at this same point for weeks and put tons of hours into it with no success and very little progress (even though I am learning alot).

BTW, I know Gmail will keep deleted mail messages for almost 2 months (I have some from November still), so maybe you still have them in your trash folder. Worth a shot anyway :P

Also, I was able to find and verify a few of the current EQLive opcodes and packet structures that are incorrect on SEQ. I know they aren't required for it to work since it is already working, but if you guys want them, I can certainly post them here. I paid to start up my Live account again so I could use the current SEQ logs to see if they would be of help to me. They were definitely useful, but the help was limited due to another issue. Apparently, EQLive now does some extra checks or has changed the net code some so that it doesn't work to log into our EQEmu Login Server anymore. And we don't have access to the source code of the Login Server, so we can't really change it to make it work. I was hoping to get the emu working with EQLive to see if I could do it and then use what I learned from that to go back and get SoF working.

Thanks again, ieatacid. You are probably the only person that can be of much assistance to me. I know you have plenty of other things to do and you are not involved with the emulator. So, I really appreciate the help you have provided me so far. You have gone above and beyond :)

trevius
01-28-2009, 03:48 AM
Ok, I finally made it all of the way in game. Turned out it was the AA structure I had that was wrong and causing it to fail at the point of the main loop.

Right now, I am working on getting some of the structures cleaned up so things work properly in game. I have some of them working ok, but I still have plenty of work to do.

I just noticed that ieatacid is also the same person who does alot of MQ2 work. I knew I had seen that name elsewhere before lol. I was wondering if you might know of any way I can use some of the info in MQ2 to help figure out packet structures or maybe opcodes. I see that there is a version of MQ2 that works with the 9/7/07 eqgame.exe and am able to run it on my SoF Emulator setup. There are a ton of files in the MQ2 source, and I have searched through many of them without finding much I can use (if anything at all). I know it works by reading memory, so packet structures and stuff may not be related in any way. I don't really know anything about memory reading yet, so I don't know if it could be helpful at all. If MQ2 source might be useful to me, I would very much appreciate to be pointed in the right direction. And if it wouldn't be useful at all, that info would be good to know so I don't waste anymore time looking into it and trying to figure out how it can be of use.

Again, I apologize for bringing up this non SEQ related topic, but any help is appreciated. I am quite a noob at this type of stuff, but have been figuring alot of it out on my own. I am sure that if I was an accomplished programmer, I would probably be much better off than I am now. We do have some impressive coders on the EQEmu project, but none have the time needed to devote to getting SoF working. Since no one else has the knowledge or time, I have taken it upon myself to do everything possible to try to help evolve the emulator. I have already learned so much and won't be giving up anytime soon :P

Thanks in advance

purple
01-28-2009, 11:00 PM
I'd always use mq2 just to play around and to see what all is available and to help some with opcodes. If mq2 can see the memory struct for something, it has to come from somewhere on the wire. I screwed around with my own plugin so I could hook my own code in and just play around in order to try and understand the client better.

Stop apologizing for stuff. You want help and you're hoping the people around here can give it. You're not going to get run off. But in general, this project has few contributors and many users so there aren't a lot of people who could help you. I'm not complaining about this, it's just how it is.

ShowEQ owes a lot of thanks to Doodman and FatherNitwit and we appreciate the EQEmu project. If I still played, you would have had my packet logs to go along with the reams of logs that I uploaded to EQEmu folks over the years, but unfortunately I've been out of the game for a year and a half now.

Razzle
01-29-2009, 07:43 PM
I appreciate everything all the contributors to these projects provide. I tried to do little stuff with ShowEQ, and only started on MySEQ as something new to learn. SEQ was still my preferred software to use. Now that I have MySEQ working to look about as good as SEQ looks, it feels like a great subsitute. If I had thought of keeping packet collects and logs from key times, at expansion releases, I would have. I will try to keep them in the future, in case they may be needed.

Hope you stick around the community, as we are all working towards the same purpose of just having fun at what we do.

Razzle