PDA

View Full Version : MySEQ 1.19 Client Development

Razzle
12-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Any bugs are issues found with 1.19.5 so far?

I am working on getting 1.19.6 client out this weekend. I am not the fastest programmer, so takes me some time to figure out some things in the code, but I am getting where I understand it more. And I really do try not to break more things when I add stuff, but it happens. Here is where I stand so far.
Release Version 1.19.6

Dated 21 December 2008

Compiled Docking.bmp as embedded resource, so no longer needs copied to the client folder.
Removed the Vistypes.txt and Conlevels.ini, and built them into the client. Used the pattern of the code from ShowEQ for the Conlevels so it can be updated easily if cons change. Updated all Con's through level 21. Will update more as I level up a character and check all the cons.
Invisible mobs will now show with a purple border. Invisible men types will be purple skittles, the same as ShowEQ. Mobs or PCs that are invis type 2 (stealth) will have a flashing purple border so they can be identified easier.
Spawn points will now appear on zoning, for zones where the timers have gone through a few spawn cycles of mobs to identify spawn locations.
Added ability to clear the timers/spawns for a zone from the menu. (working on next)
Some minor updates to the spawn timers window to be more consistent with ShowEQ (in progress)Razzle

orc_pawn_01
12-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Not necessarily a bug but...MySEQ.exe window size & position is not saved after exiting.

i.e. When I open MySEQ.exe the window is a particular size and in a particular position. (default) If I change the window size and move it around, after I exit and re-open it will revert back the the default size and position so I need to re-size and move each time. I've tried using the "Save preferences on exit" checkbox and also a manual "Save Prefs" from the File menu but they don't make a difference. Other changes I make, such as Color Range Circle and Draw Size are retained from one session to the next.

I'm also having a heck of a time removing things from the alert files using the in-app tools but I haven't really stopped to evaluate what is happening and if the problem is me or the application.

I hesitate to even mention this stuff because I don't want you to think that I'm at all dissatisfied; I'm @#$% thrilled to still have MySEQ. The last thing I'd like is to drive away a developer due to petty complaining. On the other hand, I speak up because I don't want to drive away a developer due to perceived user base apathy.

Thanks for your efforts, they are not unappreciated.

Hidron
12-18-2008, 10:59 PM
I have to apologize. I have not played lately, so haven't tested it. Aside from setting & briefly testing the new offsets, I haven't been in game.

Razzle
12-18-2008, 11:59 PM
I for sure want you to mention any stupid little detail that is not working properly. I am actually having fun learning the code, so the bug fixes are entertaining. The game is kinda boring lately, but working on MySEQ hasn't been.

Razzle

Razzle
12-19-2008, 09:50 AM
I have it fixed to save the windows size and location on exiting. Well it was saving, but the main form was not set to manually load the size and location, so windows would automatically resize.

Razzle

Razzle
12-23-2008, 11:29 PM
What I am currently working on is turning the range circle around the player, into a proximity alert. Allowing the client to play sounds when mobs wander in that circle (unless you have them targeted).

Double clicking in circle will turn it on and off, but basically if its visible, that means the alert system will be turned on. I will probably have an adjustable minimum level setting for a mob to set it off. The default setting will be if the mob is grey, its ignored.

I am making it so if you click the outer edge of the range circle on the map, it will allow you to drag it smaller or larger. Well that is the plan at least.

Razzle

Razzle
12-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Proximity Alerts are done I think. Doing the testing now. I will try to get stuff cleaned up and get it out either later today or tomorrow.

Razzle

Razzle
01-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Here is where I am with the latest.

I will try to get my testing done tonight and get it out tomorrow. I am going on vacation starting Monday, and I want to get it out before I go.

Here is a sneak peak:

Release Version 1.19.8

Dated 04 January 2009

Performed Optimizations to lines on map loads to speed up map rendering. Minor bug fixes in Depth Filtering. Moved line filtering for Depth Filters based off variable settings. Minor tweaks to dynamic alpha line filtering. Fixed inverted z-axis on one of the map line points for SOE maps. It was weird, the point at one end of the line had the z-axis inverted, and the other did not. I found it when I was doing optimizations to connect the dots in map lines.
Moved mapping to use scale and translate transforms. After transforms and optimizations, map rendering is on the order of 6 times faster. The maps optimized and converted to SEQ .map format using the mapconvert.vbs (included) will provide the best performance. With new optimizations, the converted maps render up to 3 times faster. On my cheap (old) test computer (2.6 Ghz P4 laptop) the mapfiend Katta Castrum map would render in about 250 milliseconds. This is one of the biggest maps. With converting to SEQ .map format with mapconvert vbs, this map would render in 100 milliseconds (prior to transform and optimizations). With the new optimizations the mapfiend map in the native SOE format renders in 40 milliseconds. The optimized SEQ .map rendered in 32 milliseconds. The optimizations take a significant hit when depth filtering is turned on, but performance is still improved. There will be a few second delay before the Katta mapfiend map displays due to the optimizations. Only the biggest maps, is there any noticeable difference in the map loading.
Updated all con levels through level 42.
Added Internet Search Option that is clickable from the Spawn List. The default option is to search Allakhazam’s for the mob name. There is a setting for this in the options, and it will use a formatted string. The default is set to “http://everquest.allakhazam.com/search.html?q={0}”. The mob name will be entered where the “{0}” is located in the format string. If you change it to search differently, then don’t forget to put in the {0}.Razzle

01-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Map optimizations are one thing that I've really liked to see for a while. I have one suggestion though. Once you have the lines into line lists, you find the angle between each adjacent line. If the angle is sufficiently small you merge the lines. To get the best results, you can also weight it based on the length of the shortest line. Small angles in longer lines are more noticeable. In my tests I found that it got rid of quite a few lines without a noticeable decrease in detail.

Razzle
01-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Map optimizations are one thing that I've really liked to see for a while. I have one suggestion though. Once you have the lines into line lists, you find the angle between each adjacent line. If the angle is sufficiently small you merge the lines. To get the best results, you can also weight it based on the length of the shortest line. Small angles in longer lines are more noticeable. In my tests I found that it got rid of quite a few lines without a noticeable decrease in detail.
I have something similar to that in the vbscript I wrote for optimizing maps. I did notice that it made some improvement. I plan to add that in, when I add the ability to save the optimized map as an SEQ map. I am also going to add the ability to mass optimize the maps in a folder too. I want to also allow it to do iterations through the list checking non-sequentially for points and lines that connect after it does the basic optimizations. I was going on vacation, so I only went with the basics, so I could go ahead and get another version released before I left. I have a few more tweaks to the optimizations before I am done I think.

Razzle

Razzle
01-16-2009, 09:02 PM
I might have some time this next week to work on the MySEQ code. If anyone has requests, bug reports, anything, etc., let me know and I will see what I can do.

Razzle

lumplump
01-28-2009, 09:29 AM
1. setting mobs as "hunt" ads them to the rare filter

2. Mobs with an apostrophe in the name add to the filter list but are not detected by the filter.

3. Not sure if this is a bug but through trial and error it appears that you can only zoom into the map to a certain degree if you are usign unconverted .txt maps copied from your everquest\maps folder btu if you convert to .map format with the .vbs converter it is no longer an issue.

4. When I change the Character selcetion to "toon 2" to check spawns in one zone, then go back to the inital one it doesnt go back to toon 1 and still filters the zone for toon 2

5. I think the application should be called " tracker? we dont need no stinking tracker!" - OK perhaps not but thank you for keeping the project going, it's a godsend when the bards and rangers are KS'ing my spawns. ;)

Razzle
01-28-2009, 08:06 PM
1. Oops.

2. I am working on the mob filters. I will make sure it can handle the apostrophes.

3. I know there was some stuff somewhere about zooming in the code that I played with. I will take a look.

4. I haven't done any testing using the multiple char selections. I will see what I can figure out.

5. Just remember to play dumb, and not run straight to named when they spawn.

I am feeling particularly lazy this week, so I probably won't get a new version done this weekend. But you never know. I want to write a new form for editing the filters/alerts and scrap using a text editor altogether.

I will aim for getting out a new version next week.

Razzle

Hidron
01-29-2009, 02:15 AM
4. When I change the Character selcetion to "toon 2" to check spawns in one zone, then go back to the inital one it doesnt go back to toon 1 and still filters the zone for toon 2

4. I haven't done any testing using the multiple char selections. I will see what I can figure out.

I know this worked under the 1.19.2 client, as I used it. The problem I used to have was that it liked to show each character selection 2x, although it did not seem to matter which one I chose to switch to. Not something I have personally tested in a newer client including 1.22

lumplump
01-29-2009, 08:16 AM
I know this worked under the 1.19.2 client, as I used it. The problem I used to have was that it liked to show each character selection 2x, although it did not seem to matter which one I chose to switch to. Not something I have personally tested in a newer client including 1.22

yes that is what I am seeing as well, it detects each character twice. I downloaded directly from sourceforge so I thought i had the newest release. Ill check that when I get home.

lumplump
01-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Forgot to mention when i try to use a custom sound or jsut the system "beep" for audio instead of using the MS Sam voice thing it still uses voice. I should have mentioned that before

Razzle
01-29-2009, 07:33 PM
Forgot to mention when i try to use a custom sound or jsut the system "beep" for audio instead of using the MS Sam voice thing it still uses voice. I should have mentioned that before
I will go through all the voices, beeps, and audio while I am testing the changes to the alerts/filters.

I don't have two accounts, so testing the multiple character stuff will be more difficult, so I will probabably have to put up a beta for testing of this after I make some changes. Unless its obvious what is wrong. I worked on some of the stuff last night and got a few things taken care of. I will see about working on the rest tonight and tomorrow.

Razzle

gawker
02-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Small bug...

If you change font for the spawn list, any mob record marked as Hunt stays in the old font until you reload filters.

I had my list sorted by name with the Hunt mobs on top.

Did not check with other filter types.