PDA

View Full Version : .maps dont load automatically

lumplump
01-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Hello.

I recently installed myseq and was able to figure out how to convert my maps to the .map format

My problem is that whenever i go into a new zone i haev to load the map for that zne manually everytime. when i first start it up and conenct to the cleint then go into a zone i get an error referring to the install directory and a file ending in _2.txt. once I get the .map loaded it works fine but then if i go to another zone it just uses the same .map until i change it.

Is this a bug or do i have somethign setup incorrectly or do you just haev to load a new map everytime?

also when i go into a zone and i see a particular mob/spawn up and i add this tot he zone filter it does identify all following spawns as expected but wehn i close the program and open it back up it seems that it doesnt save the filter data that i set the previous time.

any help is appreciated.

lumplump
01-23-2009, 08:57 AM
oh also the error show sin the title bar of the applciation if that helps

lumplump
01-23-2009, 09:22 AM
i looked at the instructions:

7) Push the 'Go' button on the client.

8) That's it. You should see the current zone you are in with the proper map and all the spawns in the zone. Use F8 to toggle the spawn list, and F3 to toggle the depth filter for those zones that have a lot of passageways on top of one another.

F5 is now the depth filter and I couldnt find a Go button anywhere. and it's def not showint the correct map

lumplump
01-23-2009, 10:11 AM
OK. I did find some posts from quite some time ago reffering to this in one degree or another. I downloaded the current maps from mapfiend and each map has the _1, _2 etc at the end of the name. I did use the mapconvert.vbs to turn them into .map files.

Am I jsut missing a step somewhere?

Ulanbat
01-23-2009, 11:31 AM
what version do you use?

lumplump
01-23-2009, 11:54 AM
1.19.8 - from the link in the news forum. i used the .vbs mapconvert to change the maps frmo txt to .map format. I know im jsut missing something noobish here jsut can't put my finger on it.

Hidron
01-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Haven't used the program in a while, and don't have access to the game anymore, but I always just used the .txt map files downloaded from mapfiend. Have not been able to test the new map optimizations or play with the converted map files yet, but based on the release notes that I have been reading it should work with the files in either format.

Razzle
01-23-2009, 04:49 PM
If I had to guess, you need to update your offsets. I see using old offsets, that mobs show up, but maps do not load.

Thats my best guess.

Razzle

Razzle
01-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Here is how to update the offsets, in case that is where you are having problems.

When you installed the latest version of MySEQ, it will install the software to the folder: C:\Program Files\MySEQ\v1.19.8\

In that folder you will find a file: myseqserver.ini

Open this file in wordpad or notepad for editing.

When Sony patched last week, they changed where the MySEQ software needs to look for the information it needs. This is commonly referred to as the offsets. These basically tell MySEQ where to look in memory for the stuff it needs.

As you open the myseqserver.ini, it will seem pretty strange. But if you scroll down just a little bit you will find a part that looks like

[File Info]
PatchDate=12/23/2008

[Port]
port=5555

[Memory Offsets]
ZoneAddr=0xa6083c
SpawnHeaderAddr=0xa425f8
CharInfo=0xa425f8
TargetAddr=0xa42610
ItemsAddr=0xa425c8

You need to replace this section with this:

[File Info]
PatchDate=1/20/2009

[Port]
port=5555

[Memory Offsets]
ZoneAddr=0xa60844
SpawnHeaderAddr=0xa425f8
CharInfo=0xa425f8
TargetAddr=0xa42610
ItemsAddr=0xa425c8

Just replace this part, leave the rest of the file alone. After replacing this, you can save the myseqserver.ini.

Your offsets are now updated. Everything should run normally, and maps should load automatically.

If after a patch of EQ, and offsets change, you can usually come to the message boards here, and someone will post new offsets to get MySEQ up and running. Its usually within a few hours.

I will see about putting together a new manual for MySEQ, and include it with the next release. I will try to include descriptions of all the features, and everything it does and does not do. That way its clear on more what it can do for you.

I will also try to put in stuff from the boards on how to figure out the offsets yourself, in case you do not want to wait from someone to post them on the board after a patch.

I hope this helps you get up and running.

Razzle

lumplump
01-28-2009, 08:28 AM
Sorry I thought I had the new offsets put in , but apparently didnt save the file and this was the exact issue.