PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request

Gullork
02-27-2002, 11:22 AM
Tried searching for this, then posting in the help forums first.

I notice that the docked maps will autoscale depending on how big we make the left side (text info).

Can we put resize handlers around the maps and position them above and below each other?

###
###
# #

Have one large overhead map docked. Two smaller docked maps below zoomed in? Also a way to save a default zoom level, it clears on every zone.

It would be very sweet to be able to position all the elements in the main docked window around the way we want them - and save them like that.

I can currently save some settings with File -> Close, but it doesn't remember the position of floating windows, docked order, etc... Floating windows also have titlebars and such that take up more valuable real-estate.

Sorry it has taken me so long to post, I've been reading the boards for months. Congradulations to all the programmers on this project! A fantastic program!

If there is already a way to do these things, then I humbly apologize, I have been unable to find any information in the .conf files or through searching the boards that relate to these ideas.

Thanks and keep up the fantastic work!

Gullork
03-11-2002, 04:50 PM
Hmmm.

Well lets try this from a different approach then :)

Questions.

#1. Can you save the sizes of floating windows after resizing them in the gui.

#2. Can you save the position of floating windows after moving them in the gui.

#3. Can you set a default zoom on map2, map3, etc when zoning.

#4. Can you have a docked map above/below instead of side by side? If so can you have one large one on top, two smaller ones underneath?

Again, I've never messed with linux too much other than for the purposes of seq, so if this is easy I once again apologize.

Thanks in advance for your help. Maybe asking in this manner might get an answer on a single question even if not the whole topic :)

arantius
03-22-2002, 02:16 AM
desperately want a way to save default zoom - in value :)

I use two maps, one whole zone, one zoomed in.. really annoying to click zoom in every zone, and should be the tiniest change :)

fryfrog
03-22-2002, 03:17 AM
perhaps just a "DefaultZoomType" and "DefaultZoomValue" in the showeq.conf file? maybe its already there though? :)

sandking
03-25-2002, 09:34 PM
perhaps it's possible to, upon detecting a map change, first write out the current "DefaultZoomType" and "DefaultZoomValue" to the to the showeq.conf file? Then when the new map reads the values, they would essentially stay unchanged. Of course, then you could add "DynamicZoomMode". If the value is 0 (off), it would bypass saving the "DefaultZoomType" and "DefaultZoomValue" as mentioned above. If the value is 1 (on), it would do as originally suggested above though, and write out the values prior to changing maps. Hell, one could say it could even go as far as being togglable from the command menu or the right-click map menu.

... but then what fun would THAT be? ;)

EDIT: changed "StaticZoomMode" to read "DynamicZoomMode"... I typed the opposite of what I intended to :(

Nomad_
03-26-2002, 12:09 PM
./filters_gfay.conf

line 1:
DefaultZoom

S_B_R
03-26-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Nomad_
./filters_gfay.conf

line 1:
DefaultZoom

The problem with that is, all of your map windows would get the same DefaultZoom, so basically you've accomplished nothing.