PDA

View Full Version : Countless cflicting information. Help setup please.

SoDplayer
02-07-2009, 11:59 PM
I have been searching and playing for over 5 hours trying to figure this out. I play SoD (Shards of Dalaya) and for the life of my can't get this program to work. Do this to find these offsets, unless these offsets are wrong, then do this.....
I am a computer tech, and I can't follow any of this. The only thing I can gather (Or assume) is that because SoD doesn't patch our client, the offsets will be the same for ever and ever (I assume?)
Could someone PLEASE give me some information on how to get this working.
What offsets to use? Or what methods to use to get them (I have tried 3 methods in here, and none of them seem to work)
I have tried debug mode, and found the zone name (I think) but what zone name do I use? The new (SoD) zone name? Or the Live zone name?
Basically, after reading all the information I could find, and discovering allot of is is WAY out of date, I guess at this point I need a step by step.
What I have is client 1.19.8 and server 1.19.3.
Since SoD doesn't patch our client, and apparently 2 clients work, I have the client that came with Titanium.
Thank you in advance for the help.

BlueAdept
02-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Sorry but we dont support SoD.

I am not sure if MySEQ would even work with SoD, but you can try. You would have to find the offsets that they use. You would also have to make maps for the zones since they are different from EQs.

Razzle
02-08-2009, 02:07 PM
I will look into seeing if I can get you some offsets that will work.

I know I have a copy of titanium somewhere.

What other client version do they use?

Razzle

SoDplayer
02-09-2009, 06:54 PM
They are using (I believe its eqemu) 0.5.3
I know other people use it, as I found the map data designed for SoD (Or what was identified as such) and installed it. Either way I believe that's what the VBS file in the map directory is for, isn't it?

Razzle: Thank you so much, I would be very thankful if you could assist me in getting this to work? Any other things I need to know? Can I run client and server on same machine? Anything else?
Thanks

Razzle
02-09-2009, 11:20 PM
You can run the server and client on one machine.

I will try to get a proper set of maps done tomorrow. I dont know if I have all the zone names available though.

Razzle

SoDplayer
02-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Thanks.. Will it work w/o the maps in the mean time? From what little I have seen the maps just give the locations some visual workings. Or is the maps needed? I will also try and run the prog, and see if I have any more q's. Thank you 1,000,000 times
BTW a list of zones can be found at http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/omni/index.php
http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Main_Page will also help you decide what zones are what. I can also send you may maps if you like.

Razzle
02-09-2009, 11:28 PM
It will work without the maps. I will put together a proper set of maps, I have most of the zone names already. Will just be a manual process of renaming the ones that need it.

Give me a day, and I can probably get you a set of maps to put on the myseq maps folder.

Razzle

SoDplayer
02-10-2009, 12:06 AM
Oh thank you.. as I said, I will try and play with it now, and see what I can get out of it. Can you recommend a good "User manual" web site I can read b4 asking 1.8 million questions here?

SoDplayer
02-10-2009, 12:46 AM
I have a question.. Like most Sod players, I 2box... I can see this being a whole slew of problems... What if I renamed eqgame.exe Ran one with eqgame.exe and the other with eqgame2.exe Would that resolve the conflict?

Another Q. Is it possible to look at any zone? Or just your current zone with that?

Thanks so much for all your help.. BTW, the offsets are working.. The maps is some places are a bit funny though (I know your working on them)

BlueAdept
02-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Thanks for helping Razzle. Very nice of you.

Hidron
02-10-2009, 12:02 PM
I have a question.. Like most Sod players, I 2box... I can see this being a whole slew of problems... What if I renamed eqgame.exe Ran one with eqgame.exe and the other with eqgame2.exe Would that resolve the conflict?

Another Q. Is it possible to look at any zone? Or just your current zone with that?

Thanks so much for all your help.. BTW, the offsets are working.. The maps is some places are a bit funny though (I know your working on them)

Guessing you are 2 boxing on 1 machine? MySEQ has always defaulted to using the 1st account loaded for me. Under Options at the top there is a choice for Character selection which allows you to choose between different characters currently running on that machine (may need to choose to reset list to see them all) There is also a Server Selection choice which you could use if you 2 boxed on 2 different machines.

This program only allows you to look at the zone you are currently in.

SoDplayer
02-10-2009, 07:21 PM
So I assume there really is not "User manual" for the program?

And what is this "Filters" I am hearing about? Just curious.

And finally, I see a newer version is out, will it still be compatible with SoD? Are there any real reasons for an upgrade?

Thank you so much for all your help.

Razzle
02-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Writing up a manual is on my to do list, I just haven't got around to doing it. Alot of work stuff taking up my time lately, writing papers for conferences, which makes me really not want to write. I will get to it soon.

If you copy the offsets into your myseqserver.ini, that are in the other thread, the new version will work with SoD just fine.

Razzle

SoDplayer
02-10-2009, 10:06 PM
You are truly a saint among EQ players.

Any other tips/hints/tricks/etc you can give me?