PDA

View Full Version : Single computer running

DMSnooper
02-22-2009, 10:05 AM
I know the FAQ shows 2 computers, but before i ran this with a single computer , more specificly the computer running EQ.
I am looking for any information how todo this again. Thanks.

BlueAdept
02-22-2009, 10:19 AM
You probably want MySEQ. It is the easiest way to get it running on the same pc as EQ. The other way is to run Showeq in vmware.

DMSnooper
02-22-2009, 04:30 PM
I dont even think mySEQ is updated anymore. No way to tell as i cant remember any old loggins on either of these sites. I guess ill have to see about vmware.

Hidron
02-22-2009, 06:29 PM
He is referring to the MySEQ supported on this site. That other place makes empty promises, steals donations & then never delivers.

Razzle
02-22-2009, 06:43 PM
We are the original MySEQ, now known as MySEQ Open, since we are an open source project.

We still provide support and release new versions, with minor enhancements and bug fixes. We even will entertain any requests for features. That doesn't mean they will be implemented, but we would listen.

You have to come here to this site to get the MySEQ Open support.

Razzle

DMSnooper
02-25-2009, 08:53 AM
Ok, thank you for informing me of that. Can this be moved over to the myseq help section instead? and also itd be the same question ,as i cannot remember how to get it setup on a single computer.(assuming no vmware) I didnt need that before.

Im trying what i did before which was i believe run the server and client, with the default IP in. But its showing up as eqgame not found.

Hidron
02-25-2009, 12:15 PM
The default IP in the client of 127.0.0.1 will work fine if EQ, MySEQ Server, & MySEQ Client are all running on the same computer. Would only need to change the IP if you run the client on another computer. You will need to add your own maps to the maps folder under MySEQ. Can copy from your EQ folder if you have already downloaded them, or get fresh from a site like mapfiend.net
In current releases of MySEQ, there is a program to convert the map files to SEQ format, although either format should work.

Don't worry about VMWare. The only reason for that would be if you were using SEQ which runs on Linux, not Windows directly which is where the VMWare might factor in. MySEQ is the project designed exclusively for Windows machines.

I am assuming EQ is already running when you are receiving this error message? What version of Windows are you running? Sounds like a permissions issue with MySEQ not being allowed access to view open processes. There have been other posts similiar to that. I am not sure if anyone has worked there way through them. (I had to format a machine to fix it myself). Need to be sure you are using a Windows account that gives you administrator access.

DMSnooper
03-15-2009, 09:51 AM
The default IP in the client of 127.0.0.1 will work fine if EQ, MySEQ Server, & MySEQ Client are all running on the same computer. Would only need to change the IP if you run the client on another computer. You will need to add your own maps to the maps folder under MySEQ. Can copy from your EQ folder if you have already downloaded them, or get fresh from a site like mapfiend.net
In current releases of MySEQ, there is a program to convert the map files to SEQ format, although either format should work.

Don't worry about VMWare. The only reason for that would be if you were using SEQ which runs on Linux, not Windows directly which is where the VMWare might factor in. MySEQ is the project designed exclusively for Windows machines.

I am assuming EQ is already running when you are receiving this error message? What version of Windows are you running? Sounds like a permissions issue with MySEQ not being allowed access to view open processes. There have been other posts similiar to that. I am not sure if anyone has worked there way through them. (I had to format a machine to fix it myself). Need to be sure you are using a Windows account that gives you administrator access.

Yes, it turns out it was a permissions issues. I had to give admin rights to both server and client. (the account has admin access its just UAC was on)