PDA

View Full Version : Map Issues

msdn70-290
03-29-2009, 08:19 AM
OK so, I just set up a new box, installed myseq, and I'm having map issues.

The issue is weird at best so I'll try to explain it as well as possible. Tranquility, I have maps, I zone into tactics, or just about any zone from tranq, no maps, they flicker as it's loading then poof gone. I believe, and I'll have to test to make sure, that I have maps in Knowledge and lobby. But any exp zone, nothing. As I said they flicker so they are there, and the entry is pointed to the right zone. They just aren't loading when skittles are.

In the recent bunch of windows updates, net 3 or 3.5 was included, I wondered if this was the issue, but then why are some maps showing, just not all?

bobster
03-30-2009, 04:07 PM
What version are you using ? have you updated the ini file after Mar 19 patch ?
What (error/warning) messages do you get in the log?

msdn70-290
03-31-2009, 07:56 PM

Yes I have the new offsets.

Where's the error log? I don't actually get any box with an error. The map loads, but only flashes then disappears.

DokuPuffs
03-31-2009, 11:46 PM
Had the same problem as you! I did not want to post until I tried to figure it out. I did, however, solve this problem! I have never had to do this before but here goes.

Step 1: Download maps from http://www.mapfiend.net/

Step 2: Put what you just downloaded in your maps folder. (C:\Program Files\MySEQ\maps)

Step 3: Since you are already in your maps folder (right?). In this folder there is a file called mapconvert.vbs. Double click on this. It will run a script that will convert your .txt maps to .map maps that seem to work fine with MySEQ! It took me about 10 minutes. The next time I loaded myseq....everything was fine!

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask more Qs if you are confused!

msdn70-290
04-01-2009, 08:08 AM
Ah kk, never did that before, on the other machine, and this one prior to the format, I just pointed to the everquest/maps directory and it was fine.

DokuPuffs
04-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Yeah, same here msdn. Did that fix your problem? :)

bobster
04-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Error log is found in the log folder in install directory.
(for instance c:\programfiles\myseq\logs )

open one of those most recent ones and get the [1] and [2] errors

lumplump
04-01-2009, 06:22 PM
well there was a small patch today so maybe that did it. I did nto patch my eq cleint so mie is till workign fine.

msdn70-290
04-02-2009, 07:27 AM
I have no logs directory.

Converting worked. Thanks.