PDA

View Full Version : conftest.C not found

noname
03-03-2002, 08:42 PM
Hello.

I installed ShowEQ last December and everything worked just fine. Lately, however, the maps have been screwed up, and the spell timers stopped tracking the correct targets. I read in a thread to update my files from CVS. I did to no avail.
Since updating did not work, I totally (as well as I was able to atleast) removed SEQ from my computer, and tried a fresh install. This time it would not even compile. During the ./configure stage it goes through all the checks. The only one it failed was "command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output.... failed"
It found qt ver 2.3.2, and that was ok. Next line it says "checking if Qt complies without flags... cat: conftest.C: No such file or Directory"
A couple more lines down it has another "no such file" message, and stops saying that libEQ.a cannot be found. It is in same place it always was (/usr/lib/libEQ.a) but this error stops the configure.
Anyone please help me.

Dedicated EQ and SEQ user.

noname

Cryonic
03-03-2002, 10:16 PM
did you verify that you have the right version of libEQ.a?

noname
03-04-2002, 07:39 AM
Yes.
I verified the md5sum and it matches with that of the site. It is in the same place as always (/usr/lib). I've had everything working before (just map screwed up recently); that's what I don't understand. I haven't installed anything else on this machine.
I am going through the process of trying to install DSL. I plan on RTFM, just have to find the right manual!

noname worth mentioning

Mr Guy
03-04-2002, 10:04 AM
Have these rpms installed?

*** GNU tools ***
libtool 1.3.4-3 Most recent...
autoconf 2.13-1 Most recent...
automake 1.4-6 Most recent...
-----------------------------------

check with

rpm -qa|grep "auto"
rpm -qa|grep "libtool"

noname
03-04-2002, 02:09 PM
I figured it out from another post.....
I was using the CVS update, but I dont think I was using it correctly. I think I did an update linux. I think this is what I was supposed to do:

cd
cd showeq
(set-up environment for CVS)
make distclean
cvs -z3 update
cvs logout
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure && make
make install

Thanx for your willingness to help a noob!

noname