PDA

View Full Version : MySEQ freezes

brinkman
04-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Hi all,

Whenever i try to connect to the server the showeq client totally freezes. I used MyShowEQ before and it ran just fine, but since the latest everquest patch it seems to be broken. My guess is, that the problem is related to outdated offsets. I used the ones posted in the from "4/7/2009".

I tried both releases the "1.24.3" and "1.24" both seem to be broken.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Brinkman

Razzle
04-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Version 1.24.3 does not have outdated offsets, as it came out after the 4/7/09 patch.

Did you try it without changing the offsets? The offsets from the 4/7/09 patch post have not been tested with this version, as I added a new primary offset in 1.24, along with several secondary offsets.

I do not know how well it will work if you paste in old offsets, that do not include the new ones I added, as I did not test it to work with missing offset information.

Razzle

brinkman
04-15-2009, 05:59 AM
Thanks for your quick reply Razzle!

I cant remember which version i used before. But since the latest patch my old ShowEQ didnt show anything on the map anymore(it didnt freeze though when i connected to the server). Therefore i downloaded the latest installer for version 1.24.3 and tried to run it. Thats where the ShowEQ client started to freeze whenever i tried to connect to the server. I then tried to replace the offsets that came with 1.24.3 with the ones from the Forum but it still freezes.

More Detail on the Freeze:
When i hit the "GO" button it shows the propper zone my character is in at the bottom right window. After that it freezes up.

Could it have something to do with the .Net Framework? I had to upgrade to .Net Framework 3.5 for some other reasons on this machine.

Whenever i use outdated offsets it wont freeze anymore, but it also wont show any map or spawns or whatever that makes ShowEQ so useful.

Thanks in advance
Brinkman

brinkman
04-15-2009, 06:17 AM
Something else i found out,

When i load a map, it freezes, thats probably the reason. So before i connect to the server i try to load a map and a freeze i get hehe.
I Downloaded the maps from mapfiend again, started the converter file and put them into the maps directory of showeq. Still freezing.

Razzle
04-15-2009, 07:08 AM
What does it show on the server when you connect?

Is it showing a connection from the client?

Are you running everything on the same machine? Or is it a multicomputer setup?

Razzle

brinkman
04-15-2009, 07:18 AM
Ok i found the problem!

Showeq runs fine actually, i deleted all maps and connected to the server. Now i see all spawns and the stuff i am supposed to see, just no map in the background.

Does it matter which Map converter file i use? When i am home from work ill go try convert my maps again with the convert file from "1.24.3.". That will hopefully fix the problem.

To answer your questions Razzle:

Here is the server response:

NetworkServer: New connection from: 127.0.0.1
MemReader: Found process ID 0x1700
NetworkServer: Zonename is poknowledge
NetworkServer: pSelf is 0x40e32a40
NetworkServer: pTarget is 0x0
NetworkServer: pSpawnlist is 0x40e32a40
NetworkServer: pItems is 0x42953ef0
NetworkServer: pWorldInfo is 0x618c730
NetworkServer: numSpawns(427) numItems(21)

its running on the same machine (127.0.0.1)

Razzle
04-15-2009, 07:34 AM
If you can post info on the map converter that breaks it, I can take a look at the code and see if I can put in some error checking to prevent any lockups in the future. I did add some map optimizations a few version back, and they could be the problem with some converted maps. I would have to take a look further to see where the problem is.

Any more info would be helpful.

Razzle

brinkman
04-15-2009, 07:42 AM
As soon as i am back home from work ill post all the information i can get about the problem.

Anyway, you guys did an awesome job on myshoweq!!
Thanks alot and best regards
Brinkman