PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ borked again.

BlueAdept
05-15-2009, 10:47 AM
Looks like it is borked again. All spawns showing as unknown and getting segs.

rogues
05-17-2009, 11:52 AM
At the risk of sounding like I'm some ungrateful ass-rider about this, I was checking in to see if anybody was working on ShowEQ. I'd fix it if I had a clue about coding. I have been fortunate enough to be the recipient of all the hard work people have put in over the years (and hopefully many more) and am very grateful for any work that happens on it.

BlueAdept
05-17-2009, 12:38 PM
I believe ieatacid is the only active developer. I am not sure if he is working on it or not.

I have tried numerous times and can fix some minor things, but this is beyond my capabilities.

ieatacid
05-17-2009, 03:17 PM
I'm working on it. I spent the past couple days installing Windows 7 and getting everything set up on it, including EQ. I'll post fixes in the development section as I get them.

BlueAdept
05-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Thats cool and thanks again for keeping it going...

Now that I re-read what I wrote, it didnt come out the way I ment it to.

How is Windows 7? I heard it is only marginally faster than vista and the xp compatability mode blows. Not only that, if you got the torrent version, your Windows 7 was hacked and is now part of a bot net.

ieatacid
05-17-2009, 06:27 PM
Thats cool and thanks again for keeping it going...

Now that I re-read what I wrote, it didnt come out the way I ment it to.

How is Windows 7? I heard it is only marginally faster than vista and the xp compatability mode blows. Not only that, if you got the torrent version, your Windows 7 was hacked and is now part of a bot net.

I like it a lot. I've only used Vista a few times (been on XP forever) but 7 is pretty snappy. Oh, and the programming mode on the calculator pwns ;)

RC1 is free from Microsoft so I had no need to get it from a torrent.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/download.aspx

Razzle
05-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Time for me to build that new computer to use with Windows 7 it sounds like. I never had a desire to use Vista. But I am wanting to give Windows 7 a spin around the block.

Razzle

Dethbrngr
05-18-2009, 07:13 AM
Thanks for working on the fix. We appreciate all your hard work and dedication.

BlueAdept
05-18-2009, 08:20 AM
RC1 is free from Microsoft so I had no need to get it from a torrent.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/download.aspx

Yea but the RC version is time limited. The torrent version (the one without the botnet attached) does not have a time limit.

ieatacid
05-18-2009, 02:06 PM
Yea but the RC version is time limited. The torrent version (the one without the botnet attached) does not have a time limit.

According to that page "bi-hourly shutdowns will begin on March 1, 2010." It should be available in stores before that (people are saying sometime this fall) so I plan on purchasing the final release when it becomes available, thus avoiding that problem.