PDA

View Full Version : ETA for May 14/09 patch?

Dethbrngr
05-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Anyone got a eta on the fix for this? I know I suck and can't help, but just curious if anyone is close to having a fix?

Deth

BlueAdept
05-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Um... if you opened your eyes, the thread right below this one has the fixes to get it at least up and running.

If you want a tarball with a completed patch, you will just have to wait until ieatacid has the time to fix everything.

With SEQ, it is common for it to go weeks and some times months before it is fixed again. If you want quick, try MySEQ or learn how to fix SEQ yourself. God knows we need more developers for it. Would take the pressure off ieatacid.

ieatacid
05-19-2009, 03:44 PM
I wouldn't let it go for weeks or even months ;) I was slowed down these past few days with a busy weekend and the time it takes installing and setting up a new OS.

Like BlueAdept said, there's patches in the other thread that get it mostly working. I still want to go through all the opcodes and check them, and there's a few other things that need to be looked at.

BlueAdept
05-19-2009, 04:31 PM
I wouldn't let it go for weeks or even months ;)

I was just saying that it has in the past. Some of the changes they did it did take months to figure out. Usually when they mess with the encryption is when it would be broken for a long time.

At one point, I had even switched to MySEQ.

Dethbrngr
05-19-2009, 04:37 PM
Sorry im new to it. Didn't mean to overstep my boundaries. I am not sure what i am doing. Ill have a look and see if i can do what needs to be done with those patches. Thanks

Razzle
05-19-2009, 08:41 PM
You can use MySEQ if you don't want to wait until ShowEQ is fixed. It does require running a server on the computer running EQ. But if you rename the myseqserver.exe to something like svchost.exe, it will not get picked up on simple checks of the running processes.

I know in the past, I would use MySEQ only when waiting for SEQ to get fixed. I still prefer using SEQ over MySEQ, but its better than nothing.

Razzle

ieatacid
05-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Tomorrow I should be able to finish and put up a new release.

BlueAdept
05-20-2009, 05:45 AM
Sorry im new to it. Didn't mean to overstep my boundaries. I am not sure what i am doing. Ill have a look and see if i can do what needs to be done with those patches. Thanks

You didn't overstep your boundaries, but don't expect to be handed everything either.

Almost every question that could be asked, has been asked and answered on this board. You just need to use the search button.

If you are going to use ShowEQ, I would suggest that you become familiar with the files, how to change things and to compile it. Believe me it will definately help.

As I said, if you want easy, try MySEQ (available in the MySEQ section). It is a lot easier to maintain since it is just offsets that need to be changed every patch.

purple
05-20-2009, 06:55 AM
Well, but don't come here saying "done yet?" after each patch, either. No one is going to see your post and work harder or magically have more time in their life to fix seq. If you want to be constructive but still indirectly ask "done yet?" then post up things you see that might be helpful (map loads, but my player does not move. spawns show up in spawn list but their position is messed up, etc.).

Razzle
05-20-2009, 06:14 PM
I personally have fun trying to get showeq functional, before ieatacid has everything fixed. I could almost never beat him though. He would have 10 opcode changes figured out before I could decipher 2. But I learned more as I tried to play with the code.

I recommend before coming and saying "is it done yet?" to try and get in there and play with it yourself. You might be suprised and end up figuring how to fix something.

Razzle