PDA

View Full Version : Just not getting it to work

Kronill
05-21-2009, 12:48 PM
Hey folks,

i do get the connection, but i do not seem to be able to find any creatures or maps with the client.

Tried the new offsets, not working at all ...

warning: maxLoop reached finding pSpawnlist!

any idea ?

Kron:confused:

Hidron
05-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Sounds like you are a new user that never had it working before?

The program does not include maps, only a map converter utility to convert from the standard SoE .txt format to an SEQ format. Need to get the from your EQ maps folder or someplace like mapfiend.net and convert them if you have not already.

Would recheck all the offsets too. There was apparently a patch today, and a set of as yet unconfirmed primaries was posted. Offsets should look something like this:

[File Info]
PatchDate=5/21/2009

[Port]
port=5555

[Memory Offsets]
ZoneAddr=0xac7ed0
SpawnHeaderAddr=0xa4ea6c
CharInfo=0xa4ea6c
TargetAddr=0xa4ea70
ItemsAddr=0xa4ea28
WorldAddr=0xa4ea24

[SpawnInfo Offsets]
NextOffset=0x4
PrevOffset=0x8
LastnameOffset=0x38
XOffset=0x64
YOffset=0x68
ZOffset=0x6c
SpeedOffset=0x7c
HeadingOffset=0x80
NameOffset=0xA4
TypeOffset=0x125
SpawnIDOffset=0x148
HideOffset=0x2a8
LevelOffset=0x3a8
RaceOffset=0xe68
ClassOffset=0xe6c

[GroundItem Offsets]
PrevOffset=0x00
NextOffset=0x04
IdOffset=0x08
DropIdOffset=0x0c
XOffset=0x34
YOffset=0x30
ZOffset=0x2c
NameOffset=0x38

Kronill
05-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Hi there,

thanks for taking ur time.

To be honest i had it running a few years ago .. now i came back. I installed the version before the last one and it worked right on the spot.

THen i think 10 days ago we had a patch and nothing seems to work anymore. I deinstalled the entire system, reinstalled the new version and still i do not get it to work.

I had to give admin rights to the programme (vista), i updated the offsets in the manner than you just proposed and still it doesnt work.

I do get the feedback on server side that there is a connection between server and client but i do not see anything on the client side. Just empty, no map, no mobs or ground spawn. It doesnt even recognize what zone i am in.

I know this is not much of a hint. ... Maybe i try to go to the FAQ section again and redo the installation procedure again ... but as i tried that already twice, i am afraid this wont be very successful after all.

any further hints?
is the programme working atm at all?

Thx Kronill

Razzle
05-24-2009, 07:11 PM
We don't typically update the installer package for MySEQ after every patch.

In the place where MySEQ is installed, there is a file myseqserver.ini. It is in this file that the offsets exist that Hidron posted. After a patch, if the executable for everquest changes, then the offsets (locations in memory where MySEQ finds its info) will have some changes.

If you go into the install folder (normally C:\Program Files\MySEQ\) and edit the myseqserver.ini and replace the offsets with those that Hidron posted, you will probably be good to go. Then if it stops working after a patch, them come back to the boards, and find which offsets that need replaced and go and edit the ini file as needed.

Hope this helps.

Razzle