PDA

View Full Version : SEQ4 Performance Issue - SEQ3 Downloadable?

CodE-E
03-05-2002, 12:51 AM
Hi,

I have some performance issues with SEQ4.x.x - with SEQ3.x.x everything always ran smoothly. SEQ4.x.x freezes every now and then for several seconds, which basically affects all other graphical applications on my system as well, which is quite annoying.

Anyway, do any of you know of some places where one can get older SEQ versions, versions which run efficiently yet are able to encrypt data?

Or is there maybe a way to get rid of these SEQ4.x.x performance issues? I turned off 'Fast Computer' and turned down the framerate to 3 - that doesn't help. On SEQ3.x.x I ran with 10FPS and 'Fast Computer' on, and everything was smoothe!

fryfrog
03-05-2002, 02:42 AM
you could try sins instead.

S_B_R
03-05-2002, 09:45 AM
There was another thread started about this problem awhile back. Actually if you run the top command while showeq is running you'll see that it's not showeq that's hogging resources, it's X. The only semi-solution I found was to recompile QT with the switches that Zaphod recommended in his HOWTO.

./configure -release -shared -gif -xft -sm -system-libmng -system-zlib -system-libpng -system-jpeg -no-g++-exceptions -thread

Configuring QT with those switches gave me about 30% to 40% of my CPU (400MHz celeron) back. I don't know if this will work for everyone but it's worth a shot....

--- EDIT ---
Here's the thread about the same issue... (http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=306)