PDA

View Full Version : OMG its finally working!

Jerry
03-05-2002, 11:54 AM
Using the instructions, and this forum and a lot of searching and reading, I finally got SEQ up and running!

Took a four days, cuz I was a total noobie.

I actually had redhat 7.2 installed, and showeq compiled on the first day, but it took a while to workout the hardware issues.

Initially I had a linksys router that was feeding two computers, it took some digging, but someone posted that feeding the router output into a DS104 Netgear hug, then plugging both computers into the hub would work.

So I popped down to compusa, got one and voila, it works.

Now it sucks that I'm on my lunch break and gotta wait till tonigh to try it out.

- Jerry

Wierdo99
03-05-2002, 12:25 PM
hehe, gratz :)

I work on big unix servers for a living, so I know how frustrating things can get. (and to top it off, I work on sun servers, with RAID systems that are completely trash, HDD failures are at least 2 a week... I HATE Sun) ah well...

Jerry
03-05-2002, 12:52 PM
I think for a while what was really killing me was windows xp, I didn't notice until today, but everytime I set my network up for hub operation, windows was turning on some firewalls and such.

Once I turned off those firewalls, everything came to life.

- Jerry

RavenCT
03-05-2002, 02:38 PM
But MS put's the firewalls there to protect you... Awww....

You gotta love it, john Q user is too stupid to protect himself, so the vendor has to do it...

"Nice wizard, good wizard"

/em Squashes the Wizard

The Wizard takes 23000 points of non-mele damage
You have slain a Wizard!