PDA

View Full Version : Compiling SEQ 5.2.2.0

shadester
07-13-2009, 02:03 PM
I've been trying to compile SEQ 5.2.2.0 for use with the EQemu which uses the Oct 2005 version of EQ Titanium. I have a clean install of Suse 11 (have also tried under a fairly bloated install of Fedora 11). I believe I have better than required versions of all the required libraries. ./configure goes fine, but when I try to make I get an error message I can't troubleshoot, and google doesn't provide any answers. I'm logged in as root.

make all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/Desktop/showeq-5.2.2.0'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/root/Desktop/showeq-5.2.2.0/src'
if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/lib/qt3/include -I. -DPKGDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq/\" -I/usr/include/pcap -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -g -O2 -MT interface.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/interface.Tpo" -c -o interface.o interface.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/interface.Tpo" ".deps/interface.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/interface.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
In file included from map.h:53,
from interface.cpp:15:
mapicon.h:211: error: multiple parameters named ‘size’
In file included from interface.cpp:27:
spawnmonitor.h:104: error: extra qualification ‘SpawnMonitor::’ on member ‘SpawnMonitor’
In file included from interface.cpp:35:
itemdb.h:49: warning: ‘typedef’ was ignored in this declaration
In file included from interface.cpp:43:
messagefilter.h:102: error: multiple parameters named ‘filter’
In file included from interface.cpp:44:
messages.h:52: error: multiple parameters named ‘filter’
In file included from interface.cpp:46:
messagewindow.h:183: error: multiple parameters named ‘filter’ In file included from interface.cpp:49:
messagefilterdialog.h:49: error: multiple parameters named ‘filter’
make[2]: *** [interface.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/Desktop/showeq-5.2.2.0/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/Desktop/showeq-5.2.2.0'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any tips?

BlueAdept
07-13-2009, 02:51 PM
I might be wrong but the problem might be that it requires an earlier version of QT since that is old code. Try using something like redhat 8 or 9.

seqfan
07-13-2009, 03:25 PM
for all of the multiple parameter errors, go to line in the file that the error lists. It will have two of the parameters with the same name (for example size). Just rename the second parameter listed on that line to something else (such as: size1). That should fix those errors.

The other errors I don't know. Fix the above and try to compile again.

Razzle
07-13-2009, 08:51 PM
I am pretty sure I used gcc-3.4 and g++-3.4 to get the Titanium compatible version to compile. I had plenty of errors with gcc-4.1 and higher if I remember right. Any version of QT3 worked without many problems.

If you have the Secrets of Faydwer client, I was able to get the 5.10.0 client to work with eqemu. Not all servers are SoF enabled, but more are now. This turned out to be version 686, and I checked it out from svn using:

svn co -r 686 https://seq.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/seq/showeq/trunk showeq

Razzle

BlueAdept
07-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Added SEQ 5.10.0.0 to the files section.

Razzle
07-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Thanks BA, I went to add it after I found the right version, but with the new interface on sourceforge, I couldn't find the area to manage packages. There may be a few opcodes not totally right, but it is functional. I was setting up some MySEQ offsets for the SoF client and I have one not tracing out right. I am getting some experience learning to trace opcodes with IDA in the executable. Now that is some interesting stuff.

Ok, the opcode was correct, but I was able to find it. I see more how the obfusication they were doing worked now from looking at the cmp's. Pretty evil if you ask me.

Razzle

BlueAdept
07-14-2009, 09:40 PM
The new SF does suck. It took me 10 minutes to find it. It also doesnt update on the fly like it used to. Took several minutes before it unhid the package.

shadester
07-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Thanks Razzle and others for your tips. I finally discovered that Fedora Core 3 has all the correct packages, etc. to compile 5.2.2.0. No upgrading of anything required.

./configure, make, make install and it works.

Reading Razzle's old posts on this subject led me to 5.2.2.0. Thanks!

CipVek
07-20-2009, 12:32 AM
The compiler on BAS is not compiling a document Im authoring. Its compiled other documents just fine, but its stopped compiling for one document that Ive been working on. Is there something that I may have in the document that will keep it from compiling?

shadester
07-28-2009, 09:50 AM
The server I play on has a custom spell file. Without dropping this in ShowEQ's share directory, it crashes constantly. With it and eqstr_us.txt in place, it doesn't crash but after 2-10 minutes (depending on how much action is going on) it crawls to a freeze, sometimes taking the system down with it.

I realize this is a 5 year old build of ShowEQ, but does anyone have any tips on how to resolve the slowdown/freezes?

Razzle
07-28-2009, 09:23 PM
What server do you play on? Maybe I can take a look at it to see what is going on.

Razzle