PDA

View Full Version : reinstall and start fresh

einsteins
07-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Hi all

I have been trying to get showeq running for about 3 weeks now.

By searching the forums I have been able to overcome my linux challenges and get showeq installed.

My problem was that I couldnt get it to run without crashing as soon as I entered a zone.
Then the latest patch came on 7/15. I have made a number of changes to files etc and now I dont know where I am.

I would like to uninstall and reinstall Showeq and start fresh with the recently posted patch fix...

What is the most effective way to uninstall and reinstall?

Thanks
eins

einsteins
07-31-2009, 04:04 PM
Anyone??

I really want to use this.

BlueAdept
08-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Just rm -rf showeq (or what ever directory name your source is in). Then un-bz the current tar and then go into that directory do ./configure && make && make install. That will make a clean install.

einsteins
08-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Thanks Blue

Is there a prefered directory that SEQ should be installed in?
I currently have it installed in root@ubuntu:~/Desktop/showeq-5.13.5.0/src# ./showeq eth0 --ip-address=192.168.1.55

From my readings I dont think this is where people normally install it to.... I am new to Linux so everything is a learning experience to me.

Thanks again for your help.

eins

Razzle
08-01-2009, 11:16 AM
When you do a "make install" then it installs the compiled to where it needs to go. Where you unzip the downloaded files to configure and compile does not really matter. You will need to have root access to do the make install usually, under ubuntu I will often just do "sudo make install".

When you run it, you should not have to specify eth0 as that is the default. Also, it needs to be run usually in ubuntu as root. The easiest way for you to run it would be doing "sudo showeq". Setting the IP address is best down from the pulldown menus, and then remember to save preferences so you can don't have to worry about it anymore.

Hope this helps some.

Razzle

BlueAdept
08-01-2009, 12:11 PM
In your case it would be rm -rf showeq-5.13.5.0

Razzle
08-01-2009, 01:21 PM
If you are using ubuntu, like it appears, you may want to just install tanner's binary showeq package. You can find the instructions how to get it installed here: https://answers.launchpad.net/showeq/+question/58960

Razzle

einsteins
08-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Thanks Guys....I have been trying for almost a month to get it going..

I have it installed but get the classic buffer over run as soon as I zone into a zone or the game.

I have tried so many fixes from the forums I dont know where I am with settings any more

Thats why I wanted to start fresh.
Like I said when it runs...I see the mobs in a zone prior to me popping in but as soon as I enter the zone it crashes.

Thanks again...

eins

BlueAdept
08-01-2009, 04:27 PM
You did the session tracking? Also if you have other traffic on your network eliminate it. If I have a torrent going, it always crashes.

einsteins
08-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Thanks again...

I have session Tracking on along with the other button next to it (cant remember name)

Razzle
I dont understand that post about the install ( I am a linux newb) I will keep playing with it and see what I can figure out.
Thanks

eins