PDA

View Full Version : Sounds for swawn and despawn

Gungadin
03-05-2002, 04:03 PM
Hi there,
I have read the posts on using this nice feature to add custom sounds for spawns and despawns, and after a brief experiment, i realized that i couldn't get it to work because there are no sound files included in the build; i have to provide my own! :-)
After recovering my self esteem, i had a look on my unix box and couldn't see any apps that were obviously able to record sounds, so my 3 linux newbie questions are these.
1. On redhat 7.2 is there an application to record the type of sound files i need for showeq spawn sounds?
2. Can i just copy over .wav files from my Windows box and use those instead?
3. Is the extension important (some posts refer to .wave files, others to .wav)?

Thanks
Gungadin
The sherpa's Sherpa

Gungadin
03-08-2002, 05:25 AM
Well, I answered Two of my own questions :-)
2. Can you use plain old WAV files from a windows machine? answer is YES :-)
3. Is the extension important? You can call the files wav or wave, It only seems to make a difference in than you must make sure you enter the full name of the file correctly.

So can anyone tell me if there is any sound recording and sound editing software included with Redhas 7.2, and if not, can anyone reccoment anything that is relitavely easy to install (ie comes in an rpm and i don't have to stuff around compiling and gathering libraries etc.)

thanks

Gungadin
The Sherpa's Sherpa