PDA

View Full Version : Help

chem1
08-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Hey guys, firstly GREAT program.

I have been using it perfectly for a while now, but something has occourd and i'm not sure what, in Field of Bone the program hangs and wont load the zone up... i have made no changes and am using the new offsets from Hidron 8/12/09, this just started this morning and as i said no changes have been made on my end?..

Ip is set to the right ip... it just will not load FoB and hangs untill i close it non responding. Interesting to note that if i move into the Void it loads that zone fine...

Any ideas?

Hidron
08-15-2009, 02:52 PM
If it is only 1 zone, my first thoughts would be in either the map file or alerts for that zone (which could possibly include the .wav if set. By default there are no alerts or sounds played for them) if you have any set. Been a while since I used alerts, so don't remember how they were saved (maybe something in the filters folder). Also see an option in the client to Clear Saved Timers. Saved timers could potentially be a problem, again no idea how they would be stored (maybe something under the timers folder)

Aranail
08-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Hey guys, firstly GREAT program.

I have been using it perfectly for a while now, but something has occourd and i'm not sure what, in Field of Bone the program hangs and wont load the zone up... i have made no changes and am using the new offsets from Hidron 8/12/09, this just started this morning and as i said no changes have been made on my end?..

Ip is set to the right ip... it just will not load FoB and hangs untill i close it non responding. Interesting to note that if i move into the Void it loads that zone fine...

Any ideas?

I am having the same issue. Every map works fine minus this one. I was in Old Field of Bone last night and it worked fine. Today, nothing. I went ahead and decided that maybe somehow the map and or filter became corrupted so I deleted them, reinstalled the map and still nothing. I see the oldfieldofbone_2.txt map is loaded in the client and it will flash the map for about 1 second, then flip back into it's error.

Razzle
08-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Have you tried getting rid of the map, and see if you can see the zone normal without any map loaded? I am thinking possibly map related. Are you using default maps with the game, or mapfiend maps?

Razzle

Aranail
08-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Have you tried getting rid of the map, and see if you can see the zone normal without any map loaded? I am thinking possibly map related. Are you using default maps with the game, or mapfiend maps?

Razzle

Yep, tried it with a mapfiend map and then without. Same effect. It is only this one zone that is doing it.

orc_pawn_01
08-16-2009, 10:12 AM
Every once in a while I'll have trouble with MySEQ freezing or displaying the map oddly when enter a zone, FoB has been the worst lately. It turned out that an object, NPC usually, was WAY out of place on the map on the X,Y coordinates. The result would be that the map would zoom so far out that the map image would become invisible. Sometimes MySEQ would freeze but usually just the map would just blink out.

Usually within a few days it would start behaving normally again when that object was reset/removed/magic occurred...

Aranail
08-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Every once in a while I'll have trouble with MySEQ freezing or displaying the map oddly when enter a zone, FoB has been the worst lately. It turned out that an object, NPC usually, was WAY out of place on the map on the X,Y coordinates. The result would be that the map would zoom so far out that the map image would become invisible. Sometimes MySEQ would freeze but usually just the map would just blink out.

Usually within a few days it would start behaving normally again when that object was reset/removed/magic occurred...
Yah, I noticed that the only time it happened was because it was trying to show one single NPC way out in the middle of nowhere and everything else appeared to be on a single point. Well darn, guess I get to wait a while then till reset.

Thanks for the info.

Razzle
08-16-2009, 03:13 PM
I would guess its something with the auto-sizing of the maps. I can put in an option to turn that off and some checks so it does not cause any overflows. Let me play with it some and see if I can put out a fix.

Razzle

Razzle
08-18-2009, 07:10 PM
I also put some limits in the new MySEQ, so it shouldn't try to use coordinates to resize the maps that are way out of range of what is expected.

Did you get a chance to see if it stops the crashes?

Razzle