PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I missed it

vash23
09-11-2009, 02:06 PM
I've just recently began using MySEQ. I remember seeing a friend use it years ago and he was able to see what weapons a mob was holding (or at least a general idea of what they were holding, sword, axe, etc.). I haven't been able to find that option in the version I am using (1.25.2 I believe).

Is this an available option and am I doing something wrong or am I misremembering?

Hidron
09-11-2009, 02:14 PM
It may have been in the Linux version ShowEQ. Unless it was in a much older version, MySEQ has never had that ability (I have only been using since around 1.17 days). Even so, it was based on what the mob was visibly holding, which you can get an idea of anyway without any additional software if you are close enough to see the mob.

purple
09-14-2009, 09:31 AM
ShowEQ will show the item code and then we maintain hand mappings from those codes to pretty names. This only shows visible things (i.e. stuff the server has to tell the client in order for the client to draw the mob correctly) and sometimes something you think would be an item is actually part of the mob graphic.

vash23
09-15-2009, 11:21 AM
How dificult would it be to have this added to a future version of MySEQ if it was availabe in ShowEQ?

ieatacid
09-15-2009, 03:34 PM
How dificult would it be to have this added to a future version of MySEQ if it was availabe in ShowEQ?

It wouldn't be difficult if someone wanted to do it.

The ID number for the primary slot is at spawninfo offset 0xf44, offhand is 0xf50. I'm pretty sure these are the ID numbers that could be used with ShowEQ's weapons*.h files to get the item name.

An easy way to update it would be to find this line in eqdata.h of the MQ2 source

/*0x0ef0*/ struct _EQUIPMENT Equipment;
and add 0x54 to that offset (0xef0) for primary, add 0x60 for offhand.

But like purple and Hidron said, you'll only get visible items that aren't a part of the model itself.

Razzle
10-09-2009, 11:40 PM
I am trying to get a new version of MySEQ out in the next few days. It has this added to show the items in the primary and offhand.

Razzle

vash23
10-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Woot! Thank you.

Razzle
10-15-2009, 07:34 PM
I should have that option out tomorrow or Saturday.

Razzle