PDA

View Full Version : EQ Patch 10-08-2009

sammie
10-07-2009, 08:15 PM
A few changes that should be pushed live during tonight's downtime:

- spawnIllusionStruct as had 4 bytes added to it. Increasing unknown0080[176] to unknown0080[180] fixes it temporarily.

- groupUpdateStruct has been changed. Group member and leader names are no longer fixed length, but dynamic. It also appears player level and number of players in the current group have been added to the packet.

- many opcode changes. The following work on the Test server and may work on live to get skittles and most functions back until one of the seq devs can post fixes:

OP_NpcMoveUpdate = 292F
OP_DeleteSpawn = 63F8
OP_ZoneEntry = 4B61
OP_InspectAnswer = 0C2B
OP_GroupFollow = 1715
OP_GroupDisband2 = 08C3
OP_Consider = 3A18
OP_ZoneChange = 6D37
OP_Logout = 224F

Also, to prevent a crash related to someone else in the group spawning a merc, you can change OP_GroupUpdate to an unused value (I use AAAA) until a patch is released that properly handles the new packet structure.

These changes are working on Test only, but should work on live after the 10-08 patch to get people operational until a proper SEQ update can be released.

ieatacid
10-08-2009, 06:20 PM
It looks like this didn't go live.

strict9
10-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Did this go live yet? I have noticed seq stopped working and tried to update with these changes, which still doesn't work. I'm actively looking through old documentation about opcode changing, assembly, old perl scripts etc and wonder how much of the old stuff is still applicable.

I didn't notice anything in the patch messages that would elude to structures changing but I suspect some new data is being worked in for the upcoming beta.

ieatacid
10-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Define "stopped working."

Do you get error messages? Does it crash?

It seems to have been unaffected by this patch, with my limited testing.

Hidron
10-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Define "stopped working."

Do you get error messages? Does it crash?

It seems to have been unaffected by this patch, with my limited testing.

That, and 4 days after the patch this was the 1st person to post about either program having issues.