PDA

View Full Version : EQ Patch 10-21-09 --> ShowEQ Down ATM

Zyxi
10-21-2009, 12:04 PM
I was wondering if anyone with a lot more knowledge than I have (you guys are awesome and what you do with this project is very appreciated) has looked at this yet to see if it is a "big" break or if this is a minor one with just a small handful of changes.

sammie
10-21-2009, 12:58 PM
I just logged in to Live servers to test the changes listed here ->

http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6335

and I had skittles and no immediate crashes. So you can try those opcodes and if it works for you, you can try the change to spawnIllusionStruct in everquest.h and recompile and you should be good to go until a proper patch comes out.

rogues
10-21-2009, 03:56 PM
I can confirm those Opcodes fix it. I haven't had a chance to do the spawnIllusionStruct change but will later on tonight.

Thanks!!!!

Backspace
10-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Concur with rogues, making the changes to zoneopcodes.xml will provide some functionality. Not perfect, it did crash at least once when zoning to guild lobby, but its not to far off.

I can confirm those Opcodes fix it. I haven't had a chance to do the spawnIllusionStruct change but will later on tonight.

Thanks!!!!

sammie
10-21-2009, 04:58 PM
The change I made to everquest.h spawnIllusionStruct was to fix a crash on Test that happened any time someone in the zone used an illusion of some type. Should be pretty easy to test that one and see if it is affecting Live. If so, make the change and recompile

Also, providing an unused value for OP_GroupUpdate (I used AAAA) in zoneopcodes.xml prevents a crash when mercs are added or subtracted from your group by other players, and possibly other group related stability issues.

Backspace
10-21-2009, 05:51 PM
Consistantly crashing with segment faults almost each zone change. Works ok in guild hall though. :)

ieatacid
10-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Consistantly crashing with segment faults almost each zone change. Works ok in guild hall though. :)

If you can provide a crash dump I can provide a fix. Otherwise you'll have to wait until tomorrow when I get time to go through the entire opcode list and verify everything.