PDA

View Full Version : Saving spawn timers?

Amio
10-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Is it possible to save spawn timers? MySEQ is capable of calculating the spawn time to an exact location, I don't see why it would be a problem to save the timers for the next time you are in the same zone.

Razzle
10-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Spawn timers should be saved automatically.

If I remember correctly, you have to have maps loading for this to work. There are a few things tied to the loading of maps that work with the timers, so it needs that.

That is provided I didnt break the timers in the latest version.

Razzle

Amio
10-31-2009, 01:13 PM
I was using 1.26 or whatever the old version was. I just saw the update to 1.27 and I found the save spawn log, which I will be testing out today. Thank you!

Razzle
10-31-2009, 02:09 PM
The save spawn log is something else. That is saving all the spawn names, so you could go back through the list and look at it later, to see what was spawning in the zone. That really doesn't have much to do with the spawn timers.

i do not know what version the spawn timers started saving automatically. But I checked the latest version, and as long as you have maps loading, the timers will save once it has a respawn interval locked in for that spawn point.

Razzle

scottie
11-05-2009, 06:07 PM
My spawn timers have not saved in .25 or .26 but others I know don't have a problem. My timers folder is empty.

Does it maybe have to be using seq maps instead of sony maps?

Razzle
11-05-2009, 06:32 PM
It looks the saving of timers only worked the way I intended with seq maps.

From the looks of how it was coded, the timers saving never would have worked right with normal soe or mapfiend maps.

I have a fix for the code so timers will save right for soe maps and will push out a new version sometime tomorrow.

Razzle

Amio
11-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Haven't played in a couple days, but I appreciate you looking into it, Razzle.

The second to last version you pushed definately didn't save it (Map folder pointed at everquest map directory). What I was looking for was once the timers have been established by killing spawn points and getting the timer, it saving so that the next time I am in zone I don't have to reestablish the timers.

However, it looks like you figured out the bug and fixed it (just downloaded, haven't tested). Again, I'll report back if it works or doesnt in a day or two.

Razzle
11-06-2009, 05:00 PM
From what I saw, it would never have saved timers, in any of the versions if you were using SOE or Mapfiend maps. Was really just another part of the code that I didn't know so well. But I understand how that part works, so that I could integrate my timer savings to other map types. It really was easy to fix, once I found out what was causing the problem.

Razzle

scottie
11-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Thanks Razzle. I appreciate it since I'm too lazy to convert the maps whenever there's a mapfiend update out.

Amio
11-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Yup, it's working great. Thank you so much, Razzle!