PDA

View Full Version : libEQ.a

sibile
03-07-2002, 05:50 PM
hello together!

now...i have downloaded the newest showeq from CVS.
but i don't find the file libEQ.a
the following link was broken :-(

http://libeq.trifocus.net
http://www.krisp.com/snapshot.html

anybody a hint for me?

sibile

high_jeeves
03-07-2002, 05:57 PM
Might want to check the README.libEQ file, it has the right URL's in it. Also, please make sure you are checking out v4 of showEQ (the showeq module, not the linux module).

--Jeeves

BlueAdept
03-07-2002, 06:06 PM
You can also go to http://www.seqstuff.cjb.net

sibile
03-07-2002, 06:24 PM
hmmm....

i have downloaded the libEQ.a from ftp://azriel.trifocus.net
the checksum is: 4e9d9772132fc63ea8860cc2fdb2905d

showeq have the version 4.0.0..... i can run the program, select my current playing map.... but i don't see any data.

i have suse 7.3

sibile

BlueAdept
03-07-2002, 10:19 PM
I assure you it does work with that one.

Are you sure that you are not on a switch? Are you sure you have the showeq.conf pointed to the right ip address of you win box?
Can you ping the windows box?

It could be quite a few things. You will need to check to see where the problem lies. If all else fails, post how your systems are set up and someone will probably help.

Mr Guy
03-08-2002, 07:49 AM
And Linksys hubs are really switches and won't work.

BlueAdept
03-08-2002, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Mr Guy
And Linksys hubs are really switches and won't work.

Actually I disagree. As long as you are using the same mbit cards (ie all 10m bit or 100m bit) it will act as a hub.

To get my hub to work, I have my Cable (10mbit) going to a net card in my linux box then another card (100mbit connection) going to the hub and a 100mbit connection going to my win box. Works great.

A lot of the 10/100 hubs are actually switches when you mix connections.

high_jeeves
03-08-2002, 09:28 AM
Sorry Blue, but there have been a LARGE number of threads about this with people testing. ALL 10/100 hubs are switches between the planes, it is a physical necessity (how to you broadcast 100Mbit traffic on a 10Mbit plane? you cant, its too much data, so you switch).

Many Linksys (and perhaps other brands) 10/100 hubs are actually switches in all cases. Just because YOU have an old Linksys hub that really works, doesnt mean they all do. In fact, as has been shown many times on this board, most if not all of the currently avaialable off the shelf Linksys hubs are actually switches, and will not work with ShowEQ.

fryfrog
03-08-2002, 10:00 AM
actually you are both wrong :)

i have both a new and an old linksys "hub" (which is partially a switch) and they work fine. you just have to plug the wires in smartly ;)

as long as both nics are running at the SAME speed... AND you have one of opposite speed plugged in also, it will be a hub on the 10mbit portion AND a hub on the 100mbit portion. BUT it will be a switch between the 10mbit portion and the 100mbit portion.

sibile
03-08-2002, 10:03 AM
hello......

legend:

*internet*--- [hub]---[win98]
¦
[suse 7.3]

i have now installed redhat 7.2. showeq is functionally 100% !!
but i don't like redhat....i hope i can using suse 7.3 and showeq

sibile

BlueAdept
03-08-2002, 05:16 PM
My friend just bought a new linksys 10/100 hub last week and his also works fine. Same set up as mine. Not sure of model but is a 4 port and looks more "modern" than mine.

Anyway...I was not trying to start an arguement, just pointing out that it can work on some linksys 10/100 hubs.

BlueAdept
03-08-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by sibile
hello......

legend:

*internet*--- [hub]---[win98]
¦
[suse 7.3]

i have now installed redhat 7.2. showeq is functionally 100% !!
but i don't like redhat....i hope i can using suse 7.3 and showeq

sibile

Not sure if it will work. I guess it would depend on if the QT supports it.

high_jeeves
03-08-2002, 05:55 PM
I agree with you completely BlueAdept, it can work with SOME, it works in the way fryfrog described it with SOME, and doesnt work at all with SOME. Some people posted their model numbers and such in another thread to get a better idea of what works and what doesnt.

--Jeeves

sibile
03-09-2002, 12:37 PM
so......i have installed suse 7.3 again and following the instruction from
http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=273

showeq installed done, without errors!
i start iptraf, showeq from linux and eq from win98, i see the udp packets (eq server <--> win98client) and all traffic was logged in the file global.conf

i have selectet the right map BUT I DON'T SEE ANY DATA on showeq (????)

i have checked:
- showeq version 4.0.0
- libEQ.a downloadet manually from ftp://azriel.trifocus.net/pub/libeq
- copy libEQ.a to /usr/lib
- hub micronet 10 mbit
- win98 and linux have both offizell ip adresses per dhcp, same provider
- run showeq as root

HELP!!!!

sibile the swiss girl!