PDA

View Full Version : Drops in SEQ (items, forges, kilns, etc.)

uRit1u2CBBA=
03-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Doesn't seem that Drops are properly showing up in SEQ. Could be something in my version since I've been making hand-edits to my source code and re-compiling for months.

If this is working for others, I'll grab the latest source nd re-compile. If it's happening to others, then there may be an issue somewhere.

Can somoene see if they're able to see "Drop: Generic" or kilns, and pottery wheels and such?

Thanks.

Hidron
03-15-2010, 11:47 PM
The server for MySEQ had to be updated to get them working again for us. Was discussed a little here http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?6451-3-10-10-offsets

uRit1u2CBBA=
03-18-2010, 07:48 PM
I wish I knew more about how the nuts and bolts work in this thing to help out. I only know how to do simple things like add BS characters to structures, assigning values in header files, etc.

Hoping someone can figure out this ground spawn issue soon. Thanks :)

ieatacid
03-19-2010, 05:27 PM
A quick test shows that it's working for me, although I had to make the change below to get it to use the item names from the weapons*.h files. This is also using the fixes here: http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?6456-showeq-crashing-on-1st-zoning-sizeof-Problem#post45726

--- src/spawnshell.cpp (revision 752)
+++ src/spawnshell.cpp (working copy)
@@ -346,6 +346,7 @@
if(name.length())
{
strcpy(ds.idFile, name.latin1());
+ name.setLength(0);
}

uRit1u2CBBA=
03-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Hmm . I guess I'll re-compile the latest offical code. I've been using hand-edited code for months now, I my have missed something.

Thanks for checking.

uRit1u2CBBA=
03-19-2010, 11:21 PM
OK. Looks like it's working now.

I noticed that not all of the item codes that I supplied in this (http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?6402-Underfoot-Expansion&p=45580&viewfull=1#post45580) post got updated. These two I had to re-add myself.

U2b35 - Mushroom
U2bc4 - WhiteRose

Thanks again for all the help IEA :)

uRit1u2CBBA=
03-20-2010, 07:40 AM
One minor issue, but when I have text in the "Find:" window then I zone, the search isn't taking place right away to show the matches with the blinking rings around the skittles.

I have to modify the Find text in some way and hit ENTER again before it starts.

ieatacid
03-20-2010, 01:19 PM
One minor issue, but when I have text in the "Find:" window then I zone, the search isn't taking place right away to show the matches with the blinking rings around the skittles.

I have to modify the Find text in some way and hit ENTER again before it starts.

It must've been like that for quite some time. I've never messed with anything having to do with that part of ShowEQ. I'm surprised I never noticed it since I used to use that quite often.

uRit1u2CBBA=
03-21-2010, 05:07 PM
OK . this is odd.

For the last 3 days, I've been searching for "Mushroom" to find the ground spawns in BR and CC. When I zone in, none of them are blinking unless I change the search criteria slightly (change "Mushroom" to "Mushroo", for example).

But then in an instance today, I wanted to see all of the spawns (they were dark blue, so hard to see, so I used ", " for search, (they were named "something, a") and it worked. When i zoned out, all ", " matches started blinking again.

So maybe the difference between my "Mushroom" search and the monster search is that it was a ground spawn vs. not. If that helps at all in finding out why it wasn't auto-searching for the ground spawns when I zone.

Thanks again.