PDA

View Full Version : New install question?

Wicked
07-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Hi guys,
I am about to do a fresh install of SEQ on a new system and I have a few questions.

What current OS distro do you reccomend? and What changes are needed with the current release to get SEQ working?

Also are their any issues using the current version of Ubuntu? Do you have to downgrade the libraries etc.?

Thanks,
Wicked

BlueAdept
07-14-2010, 12:48 PM
I believe it works with several distributions right out of the box. I used to use CentOS. If you do a search you should be able to find what people are using.
From what I remember, Ubuntu does not work out of the box. I believe there were several threads on how to get it working.

Jastur
07-14-2010, 05:46 PM
I had no issues getting it working on Ubuntu at all. There were a few packages you needed to install, but they are listed in the documentation.

Razzle
07-17-2010, 09:57 PM
I had no problems with Ubuntu 8.04. Going newer, it was more than just adding a few packages to get it working.

Razzle

BlueAdept
07-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Ok I just thought I had read that something had to be done to get it working. That must have been it.

fusion
08-03-2010, 10:09 PM
I had no problems with Ubuntu 8.04. Going newer, it was more than just adding a few packages to get it working.

Razzle

So did I. My Ubuntu is working perfectly. Only some packages had made the work without any problems.