PDA

View Full Version : What is the main programming language for video games?

rikkyponnting
07-30-2010, 11:33 PM
Id like to learn programming and I want to program games..
The BIG problem is that 1.I don't know how to program stuff.
2.I don't know what program to use to start programming

note:I'm 13yrs old so I might have trouble programming.

BlueAdept
08-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Im thinking this is a spam bot, but Ill bite.

You are never too young to learn a programming language. You should probably learn an easier language like Visual Basic and then progress into C programming.

Although I do not program any more, I started off when I was about 10 on a TRS80 model 1 in basic that was recorded onto cassette tapes.

Razzle
08-01-2010, 10:11 PM
I recommend starting with C. Many languages are based around its structure. After learning some C, then C++, C#, Java, etc., are a breeze.

Alternate route would being going the visual basic route. Having started in C, I had many problems with visual basic. The whole structure did not make sense to me. It was not the way I was thinking.

I currently program in C++, Visual Basic, and C#. C++ being the main one. Not all games are about graphics. There is a whole lot on the back end to tell the graphics what to do. That is my current hobby.

One of the first programmers I knew on the internet was a 13 year old, programming irc oper services in C under solaris. That was about 14 years ago, geesh I feel old now. Even at 13, the only person you sell short by saying you can't do it, is yourself.

Razzle

ieatacid
08-02-2010, 08:55 AM
IP address from India. Aren't we already outsourcing a large amount of programming jobs there?

seqfan
08-04-2010, 01:00 AM
Rofl