PDA

View Full Version : EQEmu and MySEQ 1.27.2.0

antwan210
09-03-2010, 01:01 AM
First thanks a bunch for all the work you guys put in. I donated on the "other" MySEQ site before I found out about this site only to find out their version doesnt work for me.

I dont play on live servers anymore, only EQEmu servers and I was directed to download MySEQ 1.27.2.0 to get it to work on my system. I have had no luck getting it to work. I am not sure if I am using the right offsets or what I have to do to get it working.

I have read the other threads and I see some people are saying there is a setup option to set it to work with the Titanium client, I didnt see that anywhere when I was setting it up though.

Any help at all is much appreciated!

antwan210
09-03-2010, 01:19 AM
Just an update I did manage to get it work. However I cannot see the spawn timers for some reason.

zass
09-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Could you elaborate on how you got this to work? My steps so far:

* First, I did a search of forums and found that 1.27.2.0 is supposed to work with titanium offsets out of the box
* Secondly, I read the install guide. The install guide (http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?5482-HELP!-Getting-MySEQ-Open-up-and-running) talks about downloading server and client seperately, which seems to be very old info, as the files on the sourceforge download page show that since version 1.22, there is no more separate client and server, only one install
* Thirdly, I installed and ran (as administrator) 1.27.2.0, and tried logging on to an emu server. But it doesn't seem to show any mobs.
* Fourthly, did another forum search looking for offsets on titanium. I found no specific posts listing the offsets, but just this post (http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?6493-EQEMU-Maps-not-properly-displayed-around-character&p=45861&viewfull=1#post45861) . saying it should work with 1.27.2.0. In it, he says:

1.27.2 should have pre set up offsets for Titanium and SoF. During install, select the optional components to install. 1.27.3 had some weird stuff for double directed zone for live, which only was on live for a short time. Last I checked, live was no longer using double directed. I should put some logic together, to auto detect that condition.

Razzle

The only thing that was wierd for me was that I didn't see the option for optional components.

* Completely uninstall myseq
* Reinstalled again, and this time found options for optional components, installed Titanium.
* Ran SEQ server(Titanium)
* Ran SEQ client
* In client, went to options->server selection, and picked 127.0.0.1
* Quit everquest, restarted everquest, logged into several servers. Still don't see mobs
* Made sure to zone in non custom zones, such as south karana. Still don't see mobs
* Finally posted here. Would love to know what you did, so others can know too!

* All right, I finally got it working. The problem was that I had to run SEQ server as administrator.When it was not run as administrator it was saying "Cannot find process eqgame". Now it works!

edit: It works, but eqclient seems to lock up when I run seq server. I was able to get it to work somehow without locking up, but now eqgame locks up as soon as I run the server. I'm running windows7, 64 bit OS

edit again: Okay, what I found is that server AND client both have to be running as administrator. THEN start eqgame. Basically starting up either myseq client or server will cause EQ to hang.

Razzle
09-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Just an update I did manage to get it work. However I cannot see the spawn timers for some reason.

Use it on any other EMU server besides P1999 and they should work fine.

Razzle

zardos
09-19-2010, 11:04 AM
I just wanted to throw a big Thank You out there! I was introduced to EQ EMU yesterday (I haven't played LIVE for about 3 years) and thought it was pretty neat... I immediately thought that EQ is so much more fun with SEQ running! After a few hours of searching and reading, I finally came to this project and page. I had been using the "other MySEQ" before, and didn't even know about this project! Anyways, I got 1.27.2 and it appears to be working with the SoF (which I bought retail) and EQ Emu! This is just amazing that you guys are willing to work on this project, and allow support for such an old version of EQ! I'll be lurking around and see what is going on with this project... Thanks again!

Razzle
09-21-2010, 10:07 PM
I am glad to be helping in keeping this project going. I will still be around to help for awhile probably. I am actively helping on one of the EMU servers and expect to continue and help support this project as long as I do.

Razzle

GawtBeeef
10-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Re: EQEmu and MySEQ 1.27.2.0
how do you go about filtering out mobs from the spawn list? i have tried adding to the "Filtered" section, but this seems to have no effect.

here is basically what i am trying for a zone filter:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE seqfilters SYSTEM "seqfilters.dtd">
<!-- Created by BlueAdept for use with ShowEQ 5.xx. All rights reserved. -->
<seqfilters>
<section name="Hunt">
</section>
<section name="Caution">
</section>
<section name="Danger">
</section>
<section name="Locate">
</section>
<section name="Alert">
<oldfilter><regex>Name:a large bat</regex></oldfilter>
</section>
<section name="Filtered">
<oldfilter><regex>Name:a snake</regex></oldfilter>
</section>
</seqfilters>

i figured this would do the trick to remove all "a snake"s from the map, but it does not. alerts, rare etc all work fine.
my goal is to clear out the trash from being shown and just display rares i have set as alerts. if anyone could help me out i would appreciate it.

i am running the 1.27.3 download for server and client on the same computer as my eq(titanium) client.

Hidron
10-25-2010, 02:13 PM
<section name="Filtered">
</section>
</seqfilters

The bolded parts I have never needed in my alert files, but I have only used them in the past couple of years. I also have not tried the filtered section, but assuming it should do what you need, it would only be filtering out anything with "a snake" as the full name or a fixed portion of the name (as in it shouldn't filter out a moss snake). If you want snakes filtered out generically you could just use "snake", although it would filter out anything with that as part of the name, and that may not be desirable.

GawtBeeef
10-25-2010, 05:02 PM
The bolded parts I have never needed in my alert files, but I have only used them in the past couple of years. I also have not tried the filtered section, but assuming it should do what you need, it would only be filtering out anything with "a snake" as the full name or a fixed portion of the name (as in it shouldn't filter out a moss snake). If you want snakes filtered out generically you could just use "snake", although it would filter out anything with that as part of the name, and that may not be desirable.
ya i just downloaded the filter set from BlueAdept's page, which has the <oldfilter><regex> tags. seems to work so i havent messed with it.

the thing is that putting any of the following in the Filtered section
a snake
snake

all do nothing. all forms of snake still show up on the map and spawn list, whether i use the full name or partial. it just seems like the filter section does nothing. can anyone get this to work on this build? (1.27.2 client)