PDA

View Full Version : MySEQ and Project 1999

blazed
10-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Anyone able to get these working? I assume it's just an offset issue, but I really have no idea where to begin with those.

Razzle
10-18-2010, 09:51 PM
Version 1.27.2 should have options during the install. You can select to install the options for titanium or SoF client. Then you should have shortcuts to run what you want version you want for the server. Don't forget to run as administrator if using Vista or 7.

Razzle

blazed
10-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Cool thanks...from your other post, I thought originally that it straight up did not work with P99.

Anyways...it mostly works. Last night it was working 99% flawlessly...I get some strange map errors on zoning, but you click OK, and everything works just fine.

Today, not so lucky. I feel like I did everything the same.

In the server log, I see networkServer: Zonename is [blank]. From there, everything else is 0x0. It finds the process just fine, but nothing happens.

I'll play around with it a bit more.

blazed
10-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Ugh...I'm slow today.

For whatever reason, even though I checked only EQ Titanium during the install, it also installed the regular server. I was running Titanium yesterday, and for whatever reason, I ran the regular one today.

All is well. Thanks again.

Razzle
10-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Only the timers don't work over on p1999. Their code has something different that affect the timers. Making a custom release for one emu server is not on my list of things to do right now.

Razzle

blazed
10-25-2010, 07:03 AM
No worries...I'm happy to just have the skittles and someone watching the forums still.

kylemeko
11-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Version 1.27.2 should have options during the install. You can select to install the options for titanium or SoF client. Then you should have shortcuts to run what you want version you want for the server. Don't forget to run as administrator if using Vista or 7.

Razzle

Were is the options for titanium, is it under "custom"? All I see is a place to choose which drive to put it on.

Hidron
11-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Make sure you are installing 1.27.2 for the option. I noticed recently that it is not an option under the newer 1.27.3

kylemeko
11-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Hi Hidron, thanks for the reply! Ok I have 1.27.2 installed now and have run the titanium server and client both as Admin. But when I get into EQ nothing shows and in game I get the message "you XML files are not compatible with current everquest files" and "use /loadskin Default1" Is there something more I have to load into MySEQ other then just the basic loadload? Thanks for your help and sorry for being such a noob!

Hidron
11-23-2010, 02:47 PM
You might still have to rename the files. I think it just adds the Titanium file as Titanium-myseqserver.ini
You will probably need to either rename or just delete myseqserver.ini & rename Titanium-myseqserver.ini to replace it.

Edit: Added the rest-

The XML error has nothing to do with MySEQ though, but the last time I played (April) was on the normal Live servers & it was still giving that starting error on the default UI. This error is not normally a problem though unless it is failing to load a custom UI or custom pieces, or you are otherwise experiencing issues with the UI while playing. Whatever is wrong with the UI should be saved in a file in the main EQ folder you are using call uierrors.txt (I'm not positive on the extention as I don't have one at the moment).

Don't know if you used it before, but if both the client & server are on the same machine, you will not need to change anything. If they are on different machines though, you will need to set the options in the client with the IP address of the machine running the server. You will also need to add the maps yourself. The default maps folder only includes a file to convert maps to SEQ format. Can either add maps to the MySEQ maps folder, or changes the options to read them from your EQ maps folder. Maps & map packs can be downloaded from mapfiend.net if you need them.

kylemeko
11-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Thanks!!! I got it working now.

Tranq
11-28-2010, 09:37 PM
I'm having issues as well but mine are much more simple and probably obvious. Where do I download version 1.27.2, i keep finding .3. Sorry for the inconvenience, appreciate any help.

Hidron
11-30-2010, 06:25 AM
I'm having issues as well but mine are much more simple and probably obvious. Where do I download version 1.27.2, i keep finding .3. Sorry for the inconvenience, appreciate any help.

Take a look here http://sourceforge.net/projects/seq/files/MySEQ%20%28Windows%20SEQ%29/
Ignore the big green download button, and down below are several older versions listed for download.

Tranq
11-30-2010, 08:03 AM
Thank you so much, I guess I am just blind.

It works fine now :), Except it shows the mobs but theres no maps so were all running around on a bit black plain. I downloaded the map script thing in the mapping thread, didn't do anything. Any suggestions? I Went to Options and directed the map file to the everquest/maps too.