PDA

View Full Version : Forgetting something...

Turi
02-23-2011, 05:49 PM
So first question first, does this still work for EQ on the live servers (i.e new progression servers)?

I've used to use SEQ in the past, and absolutely loved it. I also had played SoD and used SEQ succesfully. I recently came back to EQ and would love to use this program again.

But, unfortunately im having a little trouble getting off the ground again. I start up the server and the client, and click GO, but i don't seem to get anything after that. I have it listening on port 5555 (should i have a different one?)

If i need to add files to update, which folder do i stick them in?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hidron
02-24-2011, 12:21 AM
First off, we need to establish which program you really intend to run. This is the ShowEQ (Linux) section of the fourms. What you are talking about with the separate server & client is MySEQ (Windows). If you really wish to use the Linux software, the rest of this post will not be of any use.

I have been using MySEQ on Fippy successfully so far, so it should run fine.

To get things running with MySEQ, you will need to update the offsets in the myseqserver.ini file with the settings in the 1st post here http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?6537-02-09-2011-Offsets (on the machine you will be running the server on)

Also, if you are running the client & server portions of the program on different computers, you will need to set the IP address of the machine the server is running on in the settings for the client.

You will also need to manually add the maps to the maps folder under the MySEQ install, or point it to your Everquest map folder under the clients settings.

Turi
02-24-2011, 10:46 PM
Bam! you Rock!