PDA

View Full Version : 5-15-11 ShowEQ segmentation faults

gaingreen
05-15-2011, 06:44 PM
Getting segmentation faults. I loads up the zone and a ton of mobs called DOOR:xxxx.xxxx.xx. odd

Kalastrom
05-16-2011, 01:24 AM
Interesting... I'm not getting any segfaults, but I do see the door things and other odd objects being listed in the spawnlist. I'm working on those entries now as I'm rather bored. lol

Edit 1: Um, for some bizarre reason doors are being shown in the spawn list window (more accurately Spawn List 2) and no tweak I perform to the source code seems to make them go away. The struct for doors is correct, the opcode is correct, so there's nothing strange going on there. But I can't make them go away.

Edit 2: I am getting some bizarre spawns I'm getting in some zones (commonlands and West Freeport so far) which have no name, levels that are out of whack (the ones in freeport were showing as 79, and the one in commonlands is 75) , have unknown race, and a class of 0 with their positions all being 0,0,0. They're coming from OP_ZoneEntry and its structs, but there are decoded packets in the stream now that appear to be gibberish when decoded. Does anybody have an idea on this one?

sammie
05-16-2011, 04:36 AM
I just finished a fresh ubuntu install and applied all the latest seq patches, and downloaded a fresh copy of EQ to go along with this free account time. I'll take a look at this later today and see if I can figure it out if you don't solve the puzzle first.

Kalastrom
05-16-2011, 05:01 AM
Nothing yet, both issues just make no sense (only the doors issue isn't that important, just irritating on a small level).

sammie
05-16-2011, 05:08 PM
I'm not sure what your segfault problem is gaingreen. I would suspect a bad opcode, maybe a type when you were applying changes or you missed one. I'm not having any segfault problems.

Doors are decoding properly and as far as I know always have been in the spawn list when it's not filtered. As for mystery mobs with odd high levels and UNKNOWN types etc, those have been in freeport since it was revamped I think. Not sure what they're for, I always figured they were used as some kind of trigger for emotes, animations or something. Who knows but freeport has been jacked up for a long time in that regard.

On the other hand, it does look like something fundamental changed with global chat packets. The global channels don't seem to be decoded at all anymore from server to client. The reason why is above my head really so maybe someone who knows the packet code will come along and tell us what broke.

I have a feeling it is related to beefed-up security but maybe not.

gaingreen
05-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Ok, ill check my ops codes, I got MySEQ, but i like my linux one better

Kalastrom
05-16-2011, 10:05 PM
Oh. Okay, so everything is working properly then apart from the 'special' chat channels which I've never seen decoded.

sammie
05-17-2011, 09:21 AM
I suppose its possible global channels weren't decoded before. It's been a few months since I played with SEQ and I just thought I remembered seeing them in the console. Either way, they're not critical to the function of SEQ so I suppose it doesn't really matter.

warhamer
05-27-2011, 06:37 AM
I am getting the segfults here too..was working fine until the last patch...does it every time when zoning

Warning: OP_ZoneEntry (0x2d6) (dataLen: 76) doesn't match: sizeof(ClientZoneEntryStruct):68
Warning: OP_PlayerProfile (0x6022) (dataLen: 28856) doesn't match: sizeof(charProfileStruct):28536
Segmentation fault

Railsmurf
05-27-2011, 01:46 PM
in everquest.h in the playerProfileStruct i changed
/*10572*/ uint8_t unknown10572[1280];
to
/*10572*/ uint8_t unknown10572[1600];

That seems to get ShowEQ running again.

warhamer
05-28-2011, 08:22 AM
thanks Railsmurf.
That stopped the seg faults