PDA

View Full Version : CVS build question

Nstalkerga
04-02-2012, 06:02 AM
OK after 3+ years im getting back into the swing of things here.. Amazing just how much you can loose just by not using it.

Ive started rebuilding my showeq box from the ground up.
The old one .. well its a bit slower that i wanted it to be.

Ive gotten it working both on a new box and even a build under vmware. Build with tarballs are fine .. Patches are fine
Now im working at getting the CVS builds up properly. After downloading and getting started/
I run into an issue when i attempt to build from CVS.
anything using
make -f Makefile.dist "any"

gets me the following:
Removing old files.......................................... done!
Adding libtool support...................................... failed!
See Makefile.dist.dbg for details
make: *** [config.guess] Error 255

Ive gotten it configured on the old box still and been using it to get it started on a build, and then transfer it over for the make.
comparing the 2 different (3 with vmware)
It looks like i have all the packages installed, environment looks the same .. yet im missing something somewhere ... that i managed to fix a LONG time ago.
Looking through google to get an idea of anything i might have missed... so far no luck

Any one here able to point me in the right direction (good shove maybe) ... Maybe i just haven't added a option in a conf file .. or set a link properly somewhere?

fransick
04-02-2012, 09:24 AM
I've run into the same issue and have yet to figure out the root cause except that I believe it's a by product of running a newer OS. I've gotten around this by copying most of required compile files from an older compile I had laying around. There was another post somehwere here about it but it remains unresolved to my knowledge. I tried to detangle this issue and thought it might be tied to Doxygen support but that turned out to be a dead end too.

Hopefully somone smarter will take a look and reply.

Fransick

Nstalkerga
04-02-2012, 10:04 AM
douh .. that sucks..
thats pretty much the same identical issues.

Old version works centos 4.2? i think
new 6.x - no good,

thanks, at least i know i'm not the only one.

purple
04-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Index: m4/doxygen.m4
================================================== =================
--- m4/doxygen.m4 (revision 759)
+++ m4/doxygen.m4 (working copy)
@@ -78,7 +78,7 @@
AC_PATH_TOOL([$1], [$2])
if test "$DX_FLAG_[]DX_CURRENT_FEATURE$$1" = 1; then
AC_MSG_WARN([$2 not found - will not DX_CURRENT_DESCRIPTION])
- AC_SUBST([DX_FLAG_[]DX_CURRENT_FEATURE], 0)
+ AC_SUBST([DX_FLAG_]DX_CURRENT_FEATURE, 0)
fi
])

@@ -101,7 +101,7 @@
# ----------------------------------------------------------
# Turn off the DX_CURRENT_FEATURE if the required feature is off.
AC_DEFUN([DX_CLEAR_DEPEND], [
-test "$DX_FLAG_$1" = "$2" || AC_SUBST([DX_FLAG_[]DX_CURRENT_FEATURE], 0)
+test "$DX_FLAG_$1" = "$2" || AC_SUBST([DX_FLAG_]DX_CURRENT_FEATURE, 0)
])

# DX_FEATURE_ARG(FEATURE, DESCRIPTION,

Possibly? I've been out of this game a long time so who knows... that probably breaks doxygen, but I don't think anyone gives a crap about doxygen anyways.

fransick
04-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Thanks Purple... I have to remember how I got past the Libtool support error to try the doxygen change suggested. I got past it before and it looked to be bombing on doxygen so I'll let everyone know if I get to the point where I can test the change above. Fun stuff.

Fransick