PDA

View Full Version : NEWS: MySEQ Open 2.2.4 Released

Razzle
08-30-2012, 11:43 PM
Announcing the release of MySEQ Open 2.2.4. The complete installer can be downloaded from the files section (http://sourceforge.net/projects/seq/files/MySEQ%20%28Windows%20SEQ%29/MySEQ%20Open%202.2.4/MySEQ%20Open%202.2.4.msi/download)on sourceforge.

Release version 2.2.4
Dated 30 August 2012

Client Changes

Added new email alerts. Email alerts are only for a zone and not global. Enable the email alerts by pressing the envelope icon on the toolbar. When MySEQ is started, it will always turn off the email alerts. Email alerts will require matching the full text name of the mob, including a # prefix if they have one.
The settings for the SMTP server are in the options dialog on the SMTP tab.
The email uses .net mail. The Secure Authentication only uses TLS as that is what's in .Net 2.0. This should work for emails like gmail and hotmail.
Password storage and the connections are very basic. There is no certificate verification with the smtp server. The code is open source, so anyone could look to see how the password is saved.
The "Use Network Credentials" option, will use the credentials used to log on to your computer for the smtp login.
If you want to receive the email alert as a text message, there are sms gateways for most wireless networks. A list of some of them are found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SMS_gateways Yes. I posted a link for wikipedia. Ha.
Updated Races.txt and Classes.txt.
Fixed a bug with matching full text for alerts. It just flat out was not working. It should work now. To match a mob name beginning with #, matching full text, will require having the # in the filters too.
Dynamic Alpha filtering of map lines is now tied to the Depth Filter. The old Dynamic Alpha is not there anymore. If not enabled, a filtered map line will be completed blank. Enabled a faded line will be drawn.
On the Options->Map tab, there is an option to set the alpha transparency setting of the faded map lines. A setting of 0 is completely transparent. A setting of 100 is the non-transparent setting, which will make it look like a normal map line with no fading. I like a value of around 5 or 10. Makes it nice and faded and not an eye sore.

Server Changes

Single left clicking the minimized system tray icon will no longer restore the server. This is to help prevent accidently restoring the server when running EQ in windowed mode.
Double left clicking the minimized system tray icon will now restore the server to being visible.
Server config parameters will be stored in config.ini. This is separate from the offsets ini file.
Added option to start up the server minimized. This option is accessible on the pull down menu from the minimized system tray icon. It can also by edited directly using the StartMinimized parameter in the config.ini file.
Added a setting in config.ini to use an 8 bit race value in memory. This is enabled by setting EightBitRace=1 in config.ini. Very old clients would use this. Think old trilogy client, for those wanting to know who would have a use for it. This also sets the material parameters to be a 16 bit value in memory.
Fixed some issues with the server when switching between multiple eqgame.exe sessions.

Razzle

Hidron
09-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Another nice update. Something I just realized is that there doesn't seem to be anything in the server window to identify which version it is, but it has been a while and I don't remember if the older versions identified which version they were either.

Also, are there any plans to add the other offsets into the built in finder? I think Carpathian's original program handled the SpawnInfo offsets too.

Razzle
09-04-2012, 04:33 PM
I would like to get the offset finder working with other offsets too. I never finished updating all the offsets that Carpathian had in his original version. I had only finished with the primary ones. There is so much to do still. I also want a comparison between the found offsets and the ini file, with the option to just write the new offsets directly to the ini.

Razzle
09-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Next version, I made it so when you hover over the minimized server icon, it will show the version in the description. Also, i think I finally got rid of the rest of the flicker that happens with the spawn lists. Still have some testing to check a few things. I also optimized some of the checks in the client and got cpu usage to drop by abt 20% for the client.

Razzle

MacQ
09-16-2012, 11:56 PM
Razzle, what you have done and are doing to keep MySEQ alive is fantastic! Not many seem to post, but I have to assume there are many users out there who are silently content and very pleased with your hard work.

I think you are defiantly on the right track to do whatever you can to optimize the code. I know improved optimization does not receive the kind of praise/recognition/thanks that comes with cool new features, but I consider it a very important aspect of quality software development. Reducing CPU utilization is a huge benefit, especially for those folks who are running multiple accounts on their system as well as MySEQ. So please continue to find ways to optimize the code and thank you.

BlueAdept
09-17-2012, 06:01 AM
Believe me, even though it isn't said enough, there is a lot of appreciation for all the devs, Ratt and people who keep both of these projects alive after all these years.

Razzle
09-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Thanks. It is great to get feedback. But I also understand the reluctance. I won't get upset at a lack of feedback either. If its broke I will try to fix it. If you want a feature I wont know if you dont post. PM me if you dont want it posted public. I will always honor requests to stay in the shadows. I try to give credit where its due. I just try to make it better and keep the project going. Like with the current big changes with seq. if they get stuck I will try to help. I detest finding opcodes. But I love solving structure puzzles.

Razzle